Chapter 11

Chapter 11

~Grace's POV~

We had gotten back to Louisiana three days ago and I had just finished unpacking. I turned on my laptop and messed around on the internet, browsing gossip sites that were reporting I was sailing around the Mediterranean on a yacht with Selena Gomez and Cara Delevingne, which made me laugh, considering I've never met Selena, I have met Cara though, she's effing awesome.

I had just closed my computer when Cole walked in. I smiled up at him from my bed and said "What's up Coleman?"

He smiled "Not a whole lot Gracie-Bird. You?"

I nodded towards my computer "I just found out that I'm apparently on a yacht sailing around the Mediterranean with Cara Delevingne and Selena Gomez."

He laughed lightly "Nope you're in small town Louisiana."

I laughed nodding "No place I'd rather be."

He grinned "Good. No place we rather you be."

I hugged his torso lightly from my spot on the bed and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I sighed contently, my hometown and my best friend, how could life be better? Cole shifted out of my grasp and down onto the bed so he was sitting Indian style facing me. He looked really nervous, which was confusing because we were usually so comfortable around each other. He rubbed the back of his neck and said "Uh Gracie I- I don’t know how to say this really, but I love you. Not as a best friend as in I'm in love with you. And I have been since we were kids."

I stared at him in shock. Cole my best friend,  since we were kids, loved me. He stood up off the bed and said "I'm gonna go and let that sink in. I'll see ya later."

I nodded "Yea. See ya later."

He left and I lied down on my bed, closing my eyes and sighing. Did I love Cole? I don’t know, I care about him but love? I mean that kiss on the cruise was pretty fucking perfect. The way his eyes twinkled when he was happy, or passionate about something, his smile usually gave me heart palpitations, I melted into his hugs and never wanted to let go. Shit. I loved the son of a bitch…..

I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and quickly clicked on his contact and called him. Three rings and his voicemail is what I got. I listened to his message and when the tone went off I said "Cole, it's me. It sunk in. I- I love you too. Call me back or come over. Bye."

I hung up the phone and sunk back into my bed smiling.

~3 hours later~

The sound of someone running and panting towards my room yanked me out of my daze and forced me to sit up, just as Cole burst into my room. I opened my mouth to say something but before I could form any words Cole had crossed the room and firmly planted his lips on mine. Damn he was a good kisser. When he pulled away we had matching grins on our faces. Grin still firmly on his face Cole asked "Gracie will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled nodding my head "Of course."

There was a chorus of Yes, Finally, and Thank God! Our heads snapped in that direction and saw, Sadie, John Luke, John Luke's girlfriend Mary Kate, Reed and Lil' Will. We both blushed furiously and laughed