Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Walking through the airport a week later, an insane amount of nerves hit me. Butterflies in my stomach, a little cold sweat, the whole shebang. I love the Robertsons, Phil and Ms. Kay are practically a third set of grandparents, but once I left for Nashville, I stopped talking to them. Mostly because I didn’t have a cell phone when I was 12 but I could've written letters.

Knox and Mason both had a comforting arm around me as we walked closely behind Randy, trying to avoid the paparazzi and crazed fans. Once we got to my gate, the boys and my parents had to leave. So I hugged Knox and Mason telling them I’d miss them bunches, then hugged my parents quickly and turned to walk into the waiting area.

I sat down in one of the chairs and opened my twitter and started scrolling through. I came across a tweet from a fan

@FollowMeMagnolia

Is it true @MagnoliaGraceOfficial is going back to Louisiana?! She did grow up in Monroe near @sadierob didn’t she?!

Curiously I looked at the tweet, @sadierob, must be Sadie Robertson. I clicked on the name and sure enough it was her, so I hit follow. I saw a bunch of retweets from who I assume is Korie, John Luke, Rebecca and Cole. So I followed them all. As soon as I hit follow on Cole's account, Randy tapped my shoulder letting me know it was time to board the plane.

We walked into first flight and found our seats. I sighed sitting down in the comfortable seat and looked over at Randy "So how are we getting from the airport to Phil and Ms. Kay's?"

He put a bag into the overhear storage and said "Some people named Willie and Korie are picking you up. I've got to get straight back on a plane to Nashville."

I gave him a curious look and he said "My family's in Nashville, Grace. Your parents are keeping me on as a driver while you're down here."

"Oh" is all I could think to say.

Three and half hours later, we landed at Monroe Regional Airport. Randy escorted me through the priority line security and to the baggage claim, after stopping at the starbucks of course. When we got to the area where you get picked up, I looked around from Korie and Willie Robertson, the people who were pretty much my extra parents as a kid. I spotted them easily, Monroe wasn't a huge bustling airport after all, and drug Randy in their direction. As soon as I reached them Korie engulfed me in a hug and said "Gracie it's so good to see you! You've grown up so much!"

I hugged her back and said "It's good to see you too Ms. Korie!"

Willie gave me a side hug when Korie let go of me and said hello. I turned and gave Randy a hug and said goodbye as he had to leave to catch his flight.

Korie, Willie and I walked outside where they had a camo truck waiting. I only had one bag, since the rest of my stuff was being shipped to Phil and Ms. Kay's house. Willie threw my bag in the back of the truck and we all climbed in. I was nervous to see the rest of the Robertsons especially Cole, Sadie, and John Luke. As we were driving Korie turned around in her seat so she was facing me and said "Nobody besides Kay, Phil, Willie and I know you're comin'. They think it's all stupid rumors. So it'll be a surprise when we get there."

I nodded lightly, we were surprising the people who might as well be family, fun. Not. I pulled out my phone and opened the group chat with Knox and Mason

Group Message:

From Grace: Landed safely, in the car w/ Korie and Willie going to Ms. Kay and Phil's house.

From Knox: Should we let Mom and Dad know?

From Mason: Of course Knox, are you stupid? She's not going to talk to either one of them for at least 2 weeks.