Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next day, Sadie helped me unpack, and once we were done she looked at me and said "We better get ready, we're going to lunch with some friends."

I sighed and nodded, I'd probably have to give them all autographs and pictures. I grabbed some clothes and walked into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed, did my hair and make-up and walked back into my room. Sadie tossed me my phone and said "It's been going off like nuts."

I unlocked it and saw Knox and Mason had texted me saying good morning asking how I was and that they loved me. And I had three from Hunter, Danielle and Luke. Yes Hunter Hayes, Danielle Bradberry, and Luke Bryan. Danielle and Hunter were asking if I wanted to hang-out, and Luke was checking on me, he was like an older brother. I replied to all of them letting Luke, Knox and Mason I was ok and that I missed/ loved them too. I told Danielle and Hunter I was in Louisiana for an undetermined amount of time.

After I was finished texting everybody, Sadie was ready to go so we walked outside where Mamaw Kay and Phil were sitting, drinking tea. Mamaw Kay smiled and asked "What are y'all up to today?"

We smiled and Sadie said "We're gonna meet some friends for lunch as soon as John Luke and Cole get here."

She nodded "Well have fun."

As if on cue, John Luke's truck pulled up and he and Cole jumped out. We waved and said hey as they walked over. They asked if we were ready to go and we said we were, so we said by to Mamaw Kay and Phil, got in the truck and headed off.

I glanced over at Sadie and asked "Who are we meeting?"

She smiled and said "Hannah Rogers, Bethany Tyler, Melanie Carmichael, Claire Robinson, Matt and Brett Thomas, and Chris Keller."

I nodded lightly, I had gone to elementary/ middle school with them. We were all decent friends, but I was always closer to the Robertsons. I glanced down at my somewhat nautical themed outfit and sighed, I was in West Monroe, Louisiana, they'd all probably have some sort of camo on. Even Sadie had a braided camo bracelet. We pulled up to the diner and I sighed again, definitely overdressed. I looked over and Sadie was giving me a worried looked and asked "What's wrong Gracie?"

I looked at her "I'm way overdressed Sade."

She rolled her eyes and waved her hand "Nonsense you look amazing, nautical is so your look."

I laughed and we both got out of the car. When we got into the diner, Cole and John Luke were already sitting at a table with, who I assumed were, the people we were supposed to meet.

As soon as Sadie and I approached the table everyone except John Luke and Cole had a starstruck look on their face. Sadie and I smiled and she  said "Y'all this is-"

One of the boys cut her off "Magnolia Grace." Awe in his voice.

I laughed lightly and said "That's me, but please, call me Grace. Grace Ryder."

John Luke grinned and said "Yea, Brett, that's just Gracie Ryder, my other sister. Not a famous singer with two albums."

I laughed and said "Cole smack him."

I would've hit him myself but I would've had to lean across Cole and  another person. Cole did as I asked and Sadie said "Gracie these are our friends, Bethany, just call her Beth, Melanie, call her Mel, Hannah, or Han, Brett, Matt and Chris."

I nodded lightly taking in their appearances, Bethany had long wavy brown hair and brown eyes that resembled chocolate. Hannah had shoulder length golden blonde hair, with brown streaky roots through it, and crystal blue eyes. Melanie also had shoulder length blonde hair, but her's was pale blonde, and she had icier blue eyes than Hannah. Matt and Brett were twins, with almost, if not, black hair and blue eyes. And Chris, had  blonde hair and cool blue/ grey eyes. Easy enough to remember them all.

Sadie squished into the booth next to Bethany, leaving me to squeeze in next to Cole. So I squished in as close as I could to him, and I was still barely on the booth. Cole wrapped his arm around my waist, successfully holding me onto the bench as we all talked and laughed with one another.

After lunch, we decided to go shopping, so I put on a pair of aviators to keep people from recognizing me. We walked from shop to shop chattering about this, that and the other. We walked in to a cute boutique and I turned to Melanie and asked "What's this place called?"

She smiled lightly "This is Ducks and Dressing. It's amazing I love everythin in here."

I remembered Rebecca saying something about her boutique having a similar name so I asked "Is this Rebecca's place?"

A voice came from back near the dressing room saying "It sure is." And Rebecca emerged from the dressing room. I smiled and walked over, giving her a hug.

We shopped around the boutique for a few minutes before leaving and going to different shops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is a bit shit. But there is a  small Grace/ Cole moment. Speaking of Grace and Cole, we need a ship name! So comment your ship name for them below and I'll dedicate a chapter to you

Xx

SassiePrincess