chapter 17: the choice

February 16, 2020, Sunday

Morning 7:45 AM

"So what's your choice." Jacqueline asked

I looked towards Jacqueline and the triplets and told them what I had decided.

"I'm not going to mess around and I'm not gonna get with some random guy. I thought about this long and hard all last night. So I'm gonna be single."

"are you sure about this because if you choose this route it will all be on you? ."

Jacqueline gave me an ultimatum between finding someone or risking my life and being single while Tristen comes.

this is hard but I guess I have to make the right choice.

"I've made my choice and the choice is when are you girls going to find me somebody that won't hurt me. somebody that I can break if I need to. somebody that won't care if I'm using them. somebody that's perfect because otherwise, I'm gonna be single."

"Yes, my queen."
Jacqueline and the triplets agreed to what I said but that all ended once I saw them look toward the kitchen door and we all heard his voice.

"What are you ladies talking about? "

All of the girl's eyes when on him except for me. I was too scared to tell him what he had to hear. I thought about what to tell him. should I lie to him or should I tell him that my ex-mate is coming after four years.

"Braelyn."

I couldn't hold it anymore. Since I had my back towards him I had to turn around. He called me again.

"BRAELYN!" I breathe in and out and turned around.

And I acted surprise

"How did you get in my house?"

He looked at me crazy and held up his keys.

"oh, m..my bad I forgot you had a key, but seriously what are you doing here. you know the girls were gonna be here."

"Stop stalling and answer my question. what are you hiding from me? "

"Just answer him he'll find out sooner or later."

I know Morticia had good intentions but she also had bad intentions at the same time just like Jacqueline she gave me an ultimatum either tell him or he was gonna find out later on.

"dammit. girls give us some privacy, please."

they all left and went upstairs with Seraphina and Corvina. me and Damien went to the library. I can't even look at him it's hard for me, but I had to rip the Band-Aid off.

"he's found me."
I waited for his reaction but I got nothing until a minute past and then his reactions started.

"I waited for his reaction but I got nothing until a minute past and then his reactions started