xxxii. idiots

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter thirty two;
" idiots "

chapter thirty two;" idiots "

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

the next morning, corbyn and evy went to the ground floor in the lift, with most of the other teens already gone.

"we'll look stupid," the blonde's foot tapped against the ground as they went down, her arms crossed as she looked up.

wrapping an arm around her shoulders, corbyn looked down at her and tightened his side-hug, an amused sparkle in his eyes, "no we won't."

"everyone left like half an hour ago," she deadpanned, turning her gaze over towards him with a straight face, "we'll waltz in there in the middle of breakfast."

"and?" with a raised eyebrow he scrunched his face up, slightly shrugging his shoulders.

"and we'll look like idiots," evy countered back in an exasperated tone.

"no one's gonna realise," corbyn tried to reason with her, pulling the girl face-front into his chest and running a hand through her blonde, straight hair.

gently lifting her head up, she rested her chin on his chest as her eyes looked up at him through her eyelashes, "it's called anxiety."

sending her a small smile as he looked down at her, the teen continued to run his hand through the girl's hair until the doors spread apart.

as they walked into the room filled up with tables and chairs where their schoolmates were eating their breakfast, the two tried to look out for their friends.

"told you," corbyn smirked as he subtly looked around at everyone, noting how not a single person even as much as lifted their head.

sticking out her tongue at the boy, evy crossed her arms and speed-walked over towards the large rectangular table.

coco was the first to realise the two newcomers at the table and she quickly swallowed the food in her mouth.

folding her hands together and placing her chin on top of her interlaced fingers, the brunette wiggled her eyebrows from across the table, "what took you two so long?"

the suggestively teasing voice didn't go unnoticed by the blonde as she turned to her left where corbyn was sitting.

"told you," she mocked him, her sarcastic tone coming through accompanied by the kick to his shin from underneath the table.

"i'm not sure if we'd like to know," jack joined in from a few seats down, winking at both blonde's who were blankly staring at him, "if you get what i mean."

letting a fake chuckle slip past his lips, corbyn's eyes bored into the brunette's, "so funny."

"actually, it kind of is," hayley murmured from beside her boyfriend, shrugging to herself as she kept her head down and her eyes focused on her plate.

evy smiled both to herself and at the brunette, finally looking up at everyone at once, "corbs was taking ages to get his hair done."

"no i wasn't," he gasped dramatically, a fraction of a second before taking a bite out of his food.

raising a brow, the blonde looked at him which only led to him turning quiet after mumbling something underneath his breath.

"not to be a meanie," chloe tilted her head to the side, sitting directly opposite from the two blondes, "but it still looks terrible."

plastering a mock glare onto his face, corbyn and the girl had a stare off for a while, just as everyone else returned their focus onto the food.

both corbyn and evy had difficulties with eating their food at a normal pace, considering how both only had one hand to do so.

unconsciously, the two held hands underneath the table, their fingers barely hooked together, while their laced hands lay on top of corbyn's lap.

clearly, anyone at the table who had a decent view of the two could see what was happening, or at least could guess, though no one spoke a word about it.

a few minutes of silence passed, the only sound being the clatter of the metal cutlery hitting off the plates.

"so," jonah started off, being the first person to finish his food and push his plate away.

grabbing his coffee mug, he swirled the liquid around waiting for everyone's attention.

"i'm guessing everyone is going skiing later on?" he continued once everyone's eyes were on him.

the whole table nodded eagerly, a buzz beginning to create itself over the area.

"why are you quiet?" corbyn's skeptical voice whispered towards evy when no one was watching, "please tell me you're doing it."

the blonde shrugged, playing with the drawstrings of the random hoodie she threw on, "i dont know how to."

as previously, the arm returned around her shoulders and corbyn's grip monetarily tightened itself around the girl's frame.

"that's," smiling down at her he swiftly placed a strand of hair behind her ear with the same hand that was around her, "is why you have me."

~~~

wc; 820
october 3rd 2019, 10:19pm

~~~

sucky filler
but schools been kicking my ass
so forgive me