xiii. alcohol virginity

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter thirteen;
" alcohol virginity "

chapter thirteen;" alcohol virginity "

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

"no thank you," evelyn turned down yet another offer of a drink from a random person.

ever since the two got to the house and went inside in search of the others, the girl had
— what she assumed — college students coming up to her, every single one of them holding red cups.

smiling sweetly at the random guy for what felt to be the umpteenth time that night, she looked ahead of herself and set out on a just-about-jog after corbyn who didn't realise she stayed slightly behind.

latching onto his arm, like she has been doing practically all night, she held onto him as they continued to walk through the crowded house.

finally reaching the doors leading into the house's back garden, the two slipped out through the sliding glass doors and went out into the fresh air.

"honestly," corbhn started, still having evy follow him as he walked, "i wasn't expecting this place to be this packed."

"i mean, it's a halloween party," the blonde sighed with exasperation, "and they're college students."

"what's the connection?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, coming to a stop by the edge of the pool.

"well," the girl shrugged, full focus put towards the ground to see her steps clearly as she walked through the darkness, "they probably just want to get wasted before they go back to school."

corbyn agreed with her, showing it by nodding his head.

evy watched as he rolled up his jeans as high as he could and took a seat at the edge of the fancy stone frame placed around the perimeter of the outdoor pool.

sinking his legs into the water, halfway up his shins, he placed his hands onto the ground behind him and leaned back on them.

"are you just gonna stand there?" he smiled up at the blonde, his eyes squinted because of the moonlight shining right at them.

the teen didn't comprehend at first, still saying nothing and not making a move to join him, though after a second or two she realised what he was asking of her.

"oh, oh yeah, sure," she stammered, bending down to pull up her own jeans in order to not get them wet; which was a challenge in itself as they were pretty tight.

when she finally managed to pull them up almost past her knees, she took off her shoes and socks and neatly laced them to the side, right next to corbyn's.

lowering herself she took a seat at the edge of the pool and dipped her legs into the freezing water, having her body take a while with getting used to its temperature.

"it's so quiet out here compared to what's happening inside," corbyn's voice was quiet as he spoke, his eyes casted on the miniature starts littering the black sky.

"i like it better here," the girl admitted, giving the garden a once-over and seeing the handful of other people that were loitering around in the garden, looking for a quieter place.

turning his head to the side, the blonde's lips tilted upwards at one side, a small lopsided smile coming onto his face, "same."

a comfortable silence consumed the both of them, their feet gently swinging around underneath the surface of the water while the soft murmurs of other people filled the night's stillness.

"did you drink anything tonight?" evy broke the silence, even if her voice was soft.

corbyn let out a single quiet chuckle, his eyes still looking up and examining each ball of gas in the sky, "did you see me drinking?"

"well," she thought about it, looking straight at the gentle waves creating themselves in the water, with the light shining down onto them and making them glow, "no."

"exactly," he gently lifted himself up off the ground so that his backside was hovering. above if, keeping his body's weight on his hands.

moving a tiny bit closer to evy, he dropped himself back onto the ground and the two were at such a close proximity that their shoulders were almost touching.

"i did go to the bathroom so i don't know, you could've used that opportunity," the blonde proposed, shrugging slightly causing her upper arm to rub off of corbyn's, "it's a college party overall, free drinks and stuff."

"i stood beside the door the whole time," corbyn answered back, his tone almost a hint that his definite answer was 'no' and it shouldn't be questioned.

evelyn nodded to herself, her straight blonde hair getting moved around by the soft breeze blowing.

"have you ever drank?" she prodded again, tilting her head upwards to look at the view straight up over her.

"yeah," the blonde admitted, though he quickly dismissed the topic with his hand, "we all have our moments and i'd say most of the seniors in our school don't have their alcohol virginity anymore, some of the younger ones too."

once more, she nodded, giving full
access to the silence and stillness that the two of them used to admire the views around them in peace.

~~~

wc; 883
september 8th 2019, 10:32pm

~~~

i promise i'm done
at least until tomorrow

7 updates in about 24 hours
is a lot

anyways that security guy
in the picture at the start—