xlvi. failed double date

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter forty six;
' failed double date '

chapter forty six;' failed double date '

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

"maybe this double date was a bad idea?" evy suggested from beside chloe, the two of them walking in between aisles in a store.

chloe's head gently perked up, eyebrows knitted and a fake undertone of surprise in her voice, "why would you say that?"

the two looked across into the men's section, where corbyn and daniel were messing around.

"i swear," evy stared at the pair, deep down holding back a chuckle, "it's like they're on the date together."

looking at each other in sync, both girls snorted and continued to search through the racks; trying to find something nice.

when a couple of minutes had passed, they left the store and walked up and down the mall — their boyfriends nowhere in sight.

"you know," chloe started, shrugging to herself as she drank her smoothie, "i'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe, they're gay."

the blonde shrugged, "maybe they're somewhere in a bathroom making out."

"maybe we're just cover-ups," chloe sighed as she let herself fall onto the steel bench beside one of the stores, having a the bags in her hands fall beside her.

"you're delusional," evelyn let out a single chuckle before sitting down beside one of her best friends, "how long did you sleep for last night?"

"three hours," chloe groaned, running a hand through her dirty blonde hair and subconsciously letting out a yawn.

the girl nodded in response and continued to stare at the people passing by the pair, "what kept you awake for so long?"

"more like who," she mumbled under her breath and put her full focus onto the plastic cup on her hand, "i don't think you'd want to know."

evy's mouth formed an 'o' shape as she breathed in sharply; once again she just nodded, thinking about how she was better off not asking that question in the first place.

for the next few minutes, the friends sat in silence while scrolling through their phones, occasionally showing each other something they thought was funny or cute.

"well hello ladies," a certain curly haired boy beamed, cutting through the silence that was looming over the pair of girls.

evy's head jolted up at the sound of jack's voice and she immediately stood up, side-hugging her friend.

"why are you wearing a bucket hat?" chloe joined the others in standing, confusedly looking at the teen.

"it makes me look good," jack countered back, defensively crossing his arms over his chest, "anyways, what brings you here alone?"

"a double date," chloe sighed with a shrug, picking up all of her bags as the three began to walk down the mall again.

evelyn hummed in confirmation, slipping her phone into the back pocket of her jeans, "a failed double date."

out of nowhere, the three teens heard an almost ear-piercing screech coming from behind them; and as they turned around they weren't surprised to spot corbyn and daniel.

"excuse me," corbyn touched his heart, taking a few steps towards his girlfriend until they were standing almost chest-to-chest.

the blonde creased her forehead in confusion and almost unnoticeably scrunched her nose, looking up at the boy in front of her, "what?"

circling his hands around the girl's waist, her pulled her closer to himself — ignoring the looks they were getting from either confused or grossed out little kids.

"i don't think you've ever been on a failed date," he teasingly raises his eyebrows, a smirk threatening to pull itself up at the corners of his lips.

"i have," she shrugged back, still having her arms dangle at her sides as her head was tilted upwards, "like right about now."

"okay then," corbyn puffed out his cheeks and handed his bags to daniel with his hands still around his girlfriend.

immediately, evelyns face morphed into a combination
of confusion and horror once she saw the teasing sparkle in corbyn's eyes.

"no, no, no," she began to chant, slowly trying to get out of his grasp, "corbyn matthew besson don't you dare."

in an instant, she couldn't feel the ground beneath her feet and the only thing she was limited to seeing was the back of corbyn's shirt.

"i'll show you what a failed date looks like," he whispered, only loud enough for her to hear as he waved back to their friends, leaving them behind.

~~~

wc; 738
december 30th 2019, 9:30am

~~~

i updated—