xxvi. working out

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter twenty six;
" working out "

chapter twenty six;" working out "

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

"these are uh, really good," corbyn smiled, stuffing another piece of his pancakes into his mouth.

in response, evy offered him a small smile of her own, "thanks."

both of them nodded at each other, casting their eyes downwards and continuing to eat their breakfast in silence.

"so," the blonde cleared his throat, swirling the juice around in his glass, "i can go home today, or something."

"i mean, you don't have to," she shrugged back, keeping her voice to a minimum volume-wise, "do you want to?"

"not really," he confessed, "do you want me to?"

a shy smile creeped up onto evy's lips, a barely visible blush consuming her cheeks, "not really."

the two shared a short glance between themselves and then looked at the empty plates in front of them.

in sync, they stood up and made their way over to the kitchen, loading the dishwasher and cleaning up any mess that was made during the process of evy cooking.

even the metal bowl that still stood on top of the counter, corbyn slightly smiling as he moved it over to the sink.

"any plans for the day?" trying to stir up some sort of a conversation, the girl walked up to him, bumping his shoulder.

lifting his cotton shirt up, he looked down and tapped his stomach, "think i'll need to workout after that."

evy let out a short laugh, hanging the tea towel back on its hook, "are you like a gym freak or something?"

wordlessly, without even mentioning anything, the two both headed towards the stairs, going back upstairs and into the girl's room.

"not a gym freak," he corrected, sitting at the white desk chair, "these abs don't come from
nothing though."

"working out is too much effort," the blonde sighed, lying down flat on the bed on her stomach, facing corbyn.

the boy shrugged, doing a full turn on the chair, "you win some and you lose some."

"why spend thirty minutes torturing yourself," evy started, reaching over to her nightstand and pulling out a packet of mini cookies from the bottom drawer, "when you can spend thirty minutes being nice to yourself?"

corbyn snorted, standing up and slipping his shirt over his head.

"woah," the girls eyes widened as she observed, her chocolate chip cookie getting stuck in her throat, "what are you doing?"

"working out?" he asked as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

her eyebrows knitted together, head tilting to the side as she kept her eyes trained on his face, "in my room?"

"in your room," winking at her, he made himself some space on the floor before doing whatever he needed to do.

silently, evy nodded to herself, flipping over onto her back and leading her eyes away from the sight.

pulling out her phone, she used the opportunity of not having corbyn beside her and knew it was time to finally text her best friend.

spending at least two minutes on thinking of how to format her words, the blonde kept her eyes stuck to the ceiling, her fingers drumming on the back of her phone.

finally, after she thought being straight to the point and concise would be the best idea, she gathered the guts to text indiana.

the two girls couldn't gush over a call, especially not with corbyn just a metre or two away, so instead they opted for intense enthusiasm in their text messages.

at first, evy had to admit that she was scared of indiana's reaction, though when her best friend's inner fangirl jumped out, all worries vanished.

between twenty five and thirty minutes of grunting and puffing was what it took for corbyn to stand back up.

he pushed his hair out of his eyes before smiling at evy who was still on her bed, "i'm done."

"no way," her sarcastic tone made him roll his eyes, though the smile that refused to go away didn't help his case.

she watched as he went over to his duffel and pulled out the shirt he was wearing the day before, using it to wipe off any sweat off his body.

evy started coughing when he pulled out the deodorant, spraying an excessive amount of it over himself.

"what?" his hands shot up as he looked at the practically choking girl, her t-shirt pulled up over her mouth and nose.

"i'm sorry but," her muffled voice spoke as her head shook from side to side, "i think you just killed the ozone layer."

~~~

wc; 809
september 22nd 2019, 9:45pm

~~~

why did this book just flop out of nowhere
um ~ouch~ ?
activity said: bye luv.

anyways, let's pretend i don't care.

im just gonna squeeze in the time skip in the next chapter cause i wanna move on and write about the winter trip (: