Rue-"Rue?" (Part 2)

Description: part 2
Warnings: talks about drug use and overdose
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I made my way down the street, away from the Bennett household. I had never felt pain like this, I know people say heartbreak is he worst pain ever but I never believed them. I tried my hardest to keep my tears in but it was near impossible to do so. I didn't want to go home straight away because I couldn't deal with everyone seeing me cry. I pulled my phone out my pocket and looked through my most recent called and clicked on Lexi's name, I put the phone closer to my ear as it rang. It took her a few minutes to pick up.
"Hey" her cheer voice rang out, I sniffed before replying.
"Hey" the contrast in my voice compared to hers evident.
"What's wrong?" She asked, she was probably in full panic mode.
"Can I come over?" I replied stopping and looking at the ground.
"Of course you can" she said without hesitation.
"Thanks" I ended the call and made my way towards Lexi's house.

It didn't take long to reach her house. I walked and knocked on the door, I quickly caught a glimpse of what I looked like in one of the windows. God my eyes were bloodshot and puffy.
"What happened?" I turned from the window and towards Lexi's concerned face. I didn't say anything I just hugged her, she ran a hand up and down my back comforting me. "Let's head upstairs" she pulled away and ushered me into the house and up the stair towards hers and Cassie's shared room. As I entered I expected to see Cassie sat on her bed but she wasn't. "Don't worry she's at McKays" Lexi smiled and walked over to the couch that they had in her room sitting down then patting the seat next to her for me to sit down. I made my way over and took the seat. "So tell me what's wrong" she turned and sat crossed legged as she spoke.
"I caught Rue and Jules kissing" I sniffed looking down at my hands.
"Oh y/n" Lexi put her arm around me.
"I should have told her sooner, I knew this was going to happen" the tears building back up again. "I mean the two of us had been drifting apart. I should have seen this coming." A tear slipping down my face.
"Y/n there's no way you could have seen this coming" Lexi tried to comfort me.
"I've liked her since the fourth grade, I'm the one that's been there for her. Why couldn't she see that and pick me" Lexi didn't say anything she just ran her hand up and down my back as I carried on crying.

We sat like this till I stopped crying, Lexi grabbed me some tissue and I tried my best to clean myself up in the bathroom.
"Hey y/n you've got text" Lexi said opening the door and handing me my phone. I unlocked it and clicked on the messages, I had a message from my brother.
Brother🖕🏼
Rue was here looking
for you. I'm guessing
it didn't go as planned.

I stared at the message before replying with a simple no. I locked my phone and placed it on the side looking up at the mirror. I looked better then I did earlier but my eyes were still bloodshot giving away that I had been crying.
"Lexi!" I heard Miss Howard tell from downstairs.
"What?" Lexi yelled in reply.
"Rues here" I looked over at Lexi before she sighed and made her way out the bathroom and towards the stairs. I threw the tissue I had in my hand down the toilet the flushed it before following Lexi, Lexi made her way down and towards the front door while I stayed at the top of the stairs.

"Hey have you seen y/n?" I heard Rue as Lexi.
"Why?" She asked in reply, not lying to Rue but also not giving away that I was here.
"Because I really need to talk to Lex, I need to sort something out" I could hear a little bit of panic in her voice. She was worried, but I couldn't understand why. "So is she here?"
"She's actually no-"
"It's okay Lex" I cut her off as I walked down the stairs. Both Lexi and Rue were looking at me. I was now stood next to Lexi, Rue in front of us.
"Can we talk?" Rue asked looking at me.
"Sure" I replied trying to force a smile.
"Can it be in private?" Rue looked from me to Lexi.
"You know this is my house" Lexi crosses her arms. I shook my head before speaking.
"We can talk outside" Rue nodded and made her way to the front door opening it. I followed but Lexi grabbed my arm pulling me back.
"You sure your okay with this?" She asked. I nodded and Lexi forced a smile as I followed Rue out the front door.

The two of us was quiet for a while before Rue eventually spoke up.
"Gia said you came round" she started looking at me, I didn't say anything. "I was wondering if you saw anything?" She added.
"You were wondering if I saw you and Jules kissing right?" I crossed my arms. Rue looked at the ground.
"It just happened, okay" she looked up. I shook my head looking away from her. "I don't understand why your so upset about this"
"Seriously? I've liked you since the fourth grade Rue. I'm the one that had been there for you, when your dad was diagnosed, when he passed, when you started drugs, when you overdosed, I was the person that was there for you" I tried not to yell as I carried on. "I've always been there for you, it's always been you and me then Jules comes and you drop me like I was nothing. What do you think that did to me? I'll tell you what it did it hurt me, then to see the two of you kissing broke my heart" She didn't reply but I could see tears forming in her eyes.
"Y/n"
"No Rue I've had enough heartbreak for one day, please just leave" I turned and made my way back into Lexis shutting the door behind me.

••••
I honestly had no idea
how to end this. I didn't know
If you guys wanted a happy or sad
Ending so I've left it like this (maybe for the meantime).
Anyway sorry for no updates I've been busy.
Also would you guys like preferences in here as well.
Just let me know
X