Cassie- "I pushed him to cause a distraction!"

Requested
Description; Always having a crush on Cassie, never thinking anything would come of this.
Warnings; None I don't think.

•••••••
"Oh come on" I rolled my eyes as Kat and Maddy laughed, last night had been my first date since I had gotten over my crush on one of my best friends Cassie and let's say it was a disaster. Now Kat and Maddy would not let me live the experience down.
"What are we laughing at?" I turned to see the blonde, Cassie, sitting down at the lunch table. Confusion on her face as she looked from Maddy and Kat to me. This seemed to make the girls laugh even more. "Please can someone fill me in" Again she looked around the group before her eyes landing on mine. Like I said earlier I had a crush on Cassie pretty much since I met her, she was sweet, a little naive and just drop-dead gorgeous. Who wouldn't have a crush on her, I mean come on. Sadly she was dating McKay though so over the last couple of months I had tried my hardest to get over her, I was done torturing myself over someone that didn't see me like that. "y/n?" She smiled.
"Well look who's finally decided to join us today?" Another tray hit the table, BB now sat on the other side of Maddy staring at Cassie. For the last few weeks Cassie had avoided eating with us, I actually hadn't seen her most of the week, you'd honestly think she was avoiding me. I just chalked it up to her wanting to spend as much time as possible with McKay till he headed back to college.
"What? What are you on talk about?" Cassie turned from me and towards BB prodding at the food on her plate aimlessly.
"I'm talking about how for like the last two weeks you've basically been avoiding us" BB placed her fork back down on the tray pushing it forward. "Bored with McKay?"
"BB" Maddy nudged the girl shaking her head.
"What it's true. Ever McKay got back it's all been about him" Kat and I shared a look both feeling uncomfortable with the situation. I turned to look at BB then Cassie who was now looking down at her tray a slight quiver to her lip. "What got nothing to say"
"McKay and I broke up" Silence fell over the group, BB's mouth opened as if she was going to wittily respond but not expecting what Cassie said.
"Why did you two break up?" Maddy asked leaning across the table. Cassie looked up and seemingly quickly at me than the others then back at the table not offering a response. "Did you break up with him? Did he break up with you?"
"Maddy" Kat nudged Maddy as Maddy had earlier to BB. "If she wanted to talk about it she would"
"I broke up with him" Cassie said as soon as Kat was done speaking.
"Why?" Kat looked at Maddy in disbelief.
"I just did" Cassie responded like it was nothing. All of us shared a look of disbelief, only two months ago was Cassie saying McKay was most likely the one for her. None of us could really believe that. "Look I don't want to talk about it" She shrugged. "Now will you guys tell me what you guys were laughing about?"
"We were laughing about y/n disaster of the date last night." Again Kat laughed, I didn't say anything but rather flipped the girl off.
"What you went on a date last night?" Cassie turned to look at me, I couldn't help but feel a little hurt by the look of shock and disbelief on her face.
"Is it really that had to believe?" I turned my whole body to face the girl who seemed taken back by my response.
"No, no, no..." She shook her head looking forward playing with the fork on her tray. "It's just..." Cassie turned back to face me. "You've never seemed interested in anyone" Yeah I have you, I said in my head. I just shrugged looking towards Maddy and Kat hoping they would change the conversation to another topic. Maddy got the memo and quickly changed the topic to her and Nate. I didn't really care much as Maddy never took our advice about her and her psychotic boyfriend. I rested my chin in my hand pretending to listen to Maddy but my mind wondering to the girl next to me or the fact that our arms were brushing against one another. I resisted the urge to turn my head and admire her. I kept my focus straight ahead till I felt her shift in the seat next to me.
"I'm gonna go. I've got to meet up with Lexi" I turned watching the blonde stand up and make her way away from the table and out the canteen not looking back at the group.
"That was weird" BB commented, she had finally pulled her tray back towards her.
"Yeah, something is off with her" Maddy added squinting her eyes in thought. "I mean what do you think y/n?" She turned to look at me.
"She seems like Cassie to me" I mumbled. Maddy rolled her eyes. I mean she did but I wasn't trying to focus on the girl too much.
"There's definitely something up with her" I watched as Maddy stood up from the table and followed after Cassie. Kat started up the conversation again but I still wasn't that bothered in it, I would occasionally say yeah or nod my head at whatever they were saying.