Chapter 26

I've never experienced a longer dinner than this one. Other than a few cleared throats every now and then to ease the tension, it was dead silent. I hadn't looked at Cameron during the whole dinner. Minute after minute passed by. After a long time, our plates were empty and we could finally leave the table.
"Good as always." I said quietly and looked at Emily. She smiled as an answer.
"Glad to have you back for these last couple of days."
Everyone walked into the living room and sat down in the couch, I followed them. It was when the boys started a new game of Fifa that I realized Cameron wasn't there with us.
"Hey I'll be right back." I said to Stella and walked away. I looked out the window and saw him sitting on the stair just outside. I threw a blanket around my body and took another one in my hand before opening the door. It was quite chilly outside. At least it had stopped raining. I slowly walked over to Cameron and put the blanket over his back. He looked up at me and was probably surprised to see me out of everyone behind him.
"Hey." He said shocked and looked at me as I sat down next to him.
"Hey." I said back and curled up like a little ball so I wouldn't lose all of my body warmth.
"How are you feeling?" he said quietly, almost whispered.
"I'm getting there." I said softly and looked at him. He did the same. We just sat there for a while. Looking into each other's eyes and in that moment, I remembered why I'd fallen in love with him in the first place. It was because every moment I spent with him, made me feel like time didn't exist. Like we were the only ones in the entire world and no matter what happened, we'd have each other. Because the world stood still, and we had all the time in the world in our hands. And the fact that I didn't get butterflies when I was around him, because that's not love. If you have butterflies, it means you're nervous to be around this person. But I wasn't. I could be myself to 100% around him. That's why I love him.
I broke our eye contact and looked down over the camp. Softly, I leaned my head on his shoulder and I felt how my head fit perfectly between his shoulder and neck. We didn't have to say a word to each other. Because in that moment, we had all the time in the world.
The next morning I woke up by an annoying sound. You know those sound setting things on a megaphone? Yeah. That's what I woke up to. I threw the cover over my head but it was taken away from me just as quickly.
"You're not getting away that easy miss." I heard Emily's voice say. I looked around with sleepy eyes on the other girls and noticed how they all were just as tired and confused as I was.
"What the hell Emily. It's like 5am." Mo groaned.
"We're leaving for the final test. Chop chop. Time to wakey wakey." She said cheerfully before leaving the cabin.
"Final test? Did I miss something or?" Stella asked and yawned.
"I have no idea." I sighed and fell back on my pillow.
30 minutes later we were all dressed, fed and on the bus. We were all like zombies, trying to keep our eyes opened.
"So what the hell is this final test?" Jake asked from his seat next to me.
"Since the day you all got here, you've changed something completely." Emily said. "And now it's time to show it." She continued.
"What do you mean?" Stella asked.
"Today will all be about having trust in each other and showing how a couple of months can change a person." She said and looked at all of us. "We will start the day with a few exercises, like walking on thin lines, walking over bridges whit nothing underneath them and then finish with a competition. After that, you will be teamed up in couples and cook something absolutely amazing for lunch. Then after lunch, there's a surprise experience and if everyone survived the day and did it all in a serious way, we will of course have a bonfire like we always have." She said and smiled. Oh shit, I thought. This will go to hell.