Chapter 21

UPDATE!!

---------------------------------------------

I've been my mom and dad's world ever since I was born. Sure, I knew they had problems and weren't the happiest couple in the world, but a divorce?

"A divorce?" I asked in denial.

"Your father and I haven't been happy together in a really, really long time..." she said but I cut her off.

"I know. But I thought this was normal? No one's parents have non what-so-ever problems." I said.

"We've been talking about this for years, Y/N. The reason it came now, was because you're old enough to understand why. You're not a kid anymore. That's what we've been waiting for." She explained but I was still in denial.

"Wait? You've been wanting to get a divorce for years?" I asked shockingly and frowned.

"We haven't been sleeping in the same bed for months, Y/N."

I felt how my whole heart was crushed. How could they keep this from me for so long? I mean, a part of me kind of understands, but a bigger part of me just won't believe it. To me, it seemed like a divorce just happened in movies. That was nothing that was supposed to happen in my life. My life isn't a movie. My life is real life. Things that happens in movies aren't supposed to happen in real life. It's just not right.

After a long talk about how and why's, I could finally put it behind me.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" I asked. She took my hand in hers and looked me in the eyes. She nodded.

"I believe in happiness. And I believe I can find happiness. It's just not with your father." She told me. I smiled and looked at our hands.

"Sooo... Is there anyone new?" I asked and blinked playfully.

"That is none of your business young lady." she laughed and I swear I could see some blushing on her cheeks.

"I'm happy to see you smile, mom." I said and tilted my head.

"Thank you honey." She smiled. "Now, tell me. Why are you back already?"

It took me forever, and we were up until 3am talking, but I told her everything. Everything from the drowning accident the first day, to the prank the last. I told her about Cameron and how he pulled me out from the water that day and how he was the most amazing person I'd ever met. I told her I'd never been so sure about a guy in my entire life. But I also told her about how he came up with the prank and how much I hated him for it.

"There will be people who makes you the happiest person ever." My mom said. "But believe me, even those who seem perfect, has flaws."

I didn't know what I thought about that.

"Mom I'm so confused." I said and pulled the sides of my hair. "What should I do?" I sighed.

"I haven't met this Cameron Dallas kid, but I know this; I've never seen you have that glow in your eyes that you did when you talked about him. And he honestly sounds like a great young man. And the prank he did, shouldn't be bigger than the save he did. So don't let the day of the prank be bigger than the day of your drowning accident. He's a teenager, he will make mistakes. All teenagers makes mistakes, believe me on that." She advised.

"Thank you mom." I said and stood up to give her a hug before going up to bed. I was more confused than ever. Maybe I shouldn't have overreacted the way I did. But I also shouldn't have fallen for the superhero him... It could just be a disguise to cover up his bad side.