Chapter 10- Not Fine

(Lou's POV )
I waited for awhile,laying on my back, blowing my loose hairs up and down. I was worried on the inside. I was worried about Nolan, about Micheal telling everyone about me, and why they were taking so long. I got a bad feeling in my gut, as I could hear Michael's low, quiet voice . It was too quiet for me to interpret what he was actually saying. I sat up on the bed and waved over to Nolan, who was slowly making his way to me, with Micheal close behind with a stupid grin on his face. Nolan saw me waving, but just did a muted sigh and looked down. (Hm. Did something happen? ) I thought to myself.
We were in Nathan's room again. He wanted to sleep with all 3 dolls. And that was fine with me. I approached Nolan, almost jogging to him.
"Hey Nolan. Is everything OK? Any... Trouble at all? " I asked side glancing at Micheal. Nolan looked back at Micheal and then replied to me with a meloncholy face that told me the opposite.
"No, everything's fine Lou. Thanks" He dragged his feet back to the bed.
Micheal went to follow but I grabbed his forearm instantly, as he tried walking by me.
"What did you do? " I demanded while shaking him a bit.
"Nothing. But if you want the truth, then here it is: Nolan told me that... He... Doesn't like you. He even told me about your little proposal."
I felt my heart break. And  I felt empty for once, almost dead. How else would he know about my big question to Nolan? I released my grip, and he straightened his sleeve all stuck-up like. He  then shouldered me, causing me to lose my balance. He cackled a little while walking away with his hand on his side. I sat up while just hearing the echo of his words and my own conscious. As if there were voices...

Nolan doesn't like you

You're such a fool

Your all alone now

Everyone hates you

Your worthless

I guess I had been there for awhile, cause I snapped out of it when Nolan was in front of me waving his small hands in his face.
"Lou, are you ok? "
I looked up at him, I felt warm again, but at the same time, heartbreak.
"I'm fine" I said with no emotion. He stepped back, while I stood up. I wanted to ruffle his hair, cause of how small he was. But I didn't. How could I if he doesn't feel the same? We stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds. I was trying to figure out why it seemed like he liked me yesterday, and the day before that. Maybe I was just blinded by my own selfishness. "I'm sorry"  he whispered under his breath.
"what? " I quietly asked him, confused As F...
"Hey Noly. Everything OK here? " Micheal wrapped his arm around Nolan's shoulder. And gave me a smug look. I had a very very, VERY strong urge to knock him out. But again, it wouldn't matter. Also, what kind of pet-name is Noly?
"Yeah, thanks Micheal. We're fine" Nolan responded, kinda quiet and hesitant. I gave Micheal a death stare, as he turned with Nolan, forcing him to leave me. My hands curled in a fist but tears started decorating my eyes. I pinched the skin between my eyes, and tilted my head back, so the tears wouldn't fall. (This trick actually works, unless your overflowing with tears. ;)
That night I hardly slept, as I felt the need to protect Nolan. Even if he didn't like me, which I still don't believe 100% cause after all, it was Micheal who told me. Micheal. That son of a gun can't be trusted.