Chapter 3- Comeback Battle

Lou's POV)
*There is Swearing in this part*
"Same reason as you, I guess" I replied, crossing my arms and facing him.
"B-but I thought you couldn't... Your not s-supposed to be here. " Nolan was nervous. I could tell from the way he fiddled his thumbs and looked down. I stopped for a second as I thought about what to say, because honestly, I wasn't sure why I was even there either.
"Well, neither are you, technically speaking. I mean, look at you. Your eyes...your uniform... Your height... And your hair... Ugh" Nolan's face suddenly turned defensive.
"You know what? I'm trying hard to see things from your perspective, I really am " Nolan started raising his voice "But, I just can't seem to get my head that far up my ass! And yes, my hair is messed up today, but your personality is gonna be Fucked up forever. Too bad you can't
photoshop it. "
*Major swearing is done*
I stood there, my jaw slightly open. Nolan had turned from, quiet and shy, to the frickin king of comebacks.
I smirked and finally said "Fine, but if your gonna be two faced, at least make one pretty. " I grinned at him as I started making my way back to Nick's room. I didn't even turn to see his expression.
"Well... " He starts again. I stopped in my tracks as I waited for him to finish, Still facing away.
"You should go eat some makeup. Maybe It'll make you pretty on the inside. " I wanted to burn him right back, but all I did, was realize how ridiculous we were being. I started chuckling, soon laughing hard. Nolan giggled a little as well at what we were doing. I faced Nolan, and smiled. I noticed a light blush on his freckled face. I started walking towards the room once again. "OK, see you later, shorty" I grinned to myself, turning into Nick's room. I sat on the bed, awaiting his return. The sound of Nolan's quiet giggles in my head, made me smile and feel weird. I lay back on the pillow as I heard approaching footsteps.
(Nolan's POV)
As Lou disappeared in to the room, I smiled to myself. I skipped over to the place where Nathan had dropped me. I laid down and waited eagerly, to be played with, as I usually did. I heard footsteps approaching up the stairs. Nathan peered out and saw me immediately.
"Did I leave you on the floor again? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to" He smiled and fixed my hair. He took me to his room, and played with me in his dollhouse.
"I dont think anyone accepts me." He started talking to me
"Why did I have to be born like this? I just wanna be normal. Like Nick. He's cool, and popular, Noone hates him. " He started sobbing and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back understanding his pain. Completely. I've always felt the same towards Lou. Admiring him for his talents and confidence...
" You seem lonely, Nolan. Do you want to hang out with Lou again? "
'Yes! No! I mean... I don't know.' I argued with myself.
He stood up and knocked on Nick's door. This boy read my mind.
"Hey, Nick. Can I play with Lou for a bit? " The older boy opened the door and nodded, handing Lou over to Nathan. "Thanks. I'll take care of him. I promise. " Nathan smiled big, and skipped to his room, holding me and lou in separate hands. As he lay Lou on the bed, he grabbed me and put on one of my favorite dolls dress. It was red, and it had sequins laced to the bottom. I loved wearing it, but I was embarrassed at what Lou would think. "There! All finished. " Nathan cheered. He sat me at a small table in the dollhouse. He gave us "Tea" and made me and lou have a conversation.
"I hope you don't mind the mess, Lou. "
"No, it's fine. Anyways, I love your dress."
"Oh,thankyou.I love wearing them. They make me feel happy. "
"You look very beautiful" I couldn't help but blush, even though it was Nathan who was saying everything. "Hold on guys, I need to go to the washroom. You guys chat. " He squirmed as he got up, and out of the room. I avoided eye contact, as I didn't want to know what he was thinking. I suddenly heard Lou chuckling lightly. I looked up at him, blushing a light shade of pink.
" I'm sorry... " Lou said, trying to suppress his laughter
"I'm not making fun of you, it just that, you actually do look nice and It's just these kids.... they say and understand what I want to say." He stopped, smiling at me.
I stared into his big blue bell eyes while still blushing.
"Your cute when you blush" Lou chuckled again.
"Shut up" I mumbled.
"After you" Lou smirked
I was confused, as I was barely saying anything. He suddenly got up and came beside me standing. He was already tall, but yet he still had to tower over me...
"Hehe, your so short" he giggled
"The best things come in small packages. Now stop it, don't make me strangle you"
"I'm too tall.... "
"You've sunk low enough for me to reach"
"Oof" Lou smiled at my joke, as he put his arm around my shoulder. My body got tense as I tried to say something.
"Sorry, it's just... You look so cute. Too cute to resist" His lips were soon on my cheek. I turned cherry red, as he finished and went to sit back down. I stared into his wondrous eyes, confused but flattered.