Chapter 12

The media was in complete and utter chaos.

"After a terrifying weather occurrence yesterday morning that resulted in the deaths of fifteen people, meteorologist expert Mrs Du Bryn has confirmed that it was indeed not a natural event."

"Are you saying that this could be the work of a super, Sarah?" The other anchor responded.

Sarah nodded her head and said grimly, "I'm afraid it is, Tim. But this is not the work of just any supervillain. We have reason to believe that this is the work of Inferno."

Tim let out an over dramatized gasp.

"What else do we know?"

An old man in a brown three piece suit suddenly joined the two anchors in a chair.

"Welcome, Mr Du Bryn. Your wife is famous meteorologist Mrs Janet Du Bryn?" asked Tim.

The man nodded, "Yes. But I'm not here to talk about my wife. Rather, a certain supervillain. The most deadliest supervillain."

Tim nodded. "How long have you been studying Inferno?"

Behind me I heard a scoff that wasn't from the TV. I ignored it.

"I've been following this villain for 9 years."

"That's around about when the infamous supervillain started out, correct?"

"Yes, yes — Inferno has used this type of power before once. In Chicago three years ago. There isn't a single recorded superhero nor supervillain that can command more than one aspect of the weather and maintain it. Except for Inferno of course. That event was the cause of 33 deaths in total. Mostly members of the SUTP."

"Inferno is quite the villain. He's broken out of several prisons and has killed more than hundreds of people. He's always on the move and is always planning something. What brings him to Frye?" Tim folded his hands in front of him. Sarah handed Mr Du Bryn a water bottle which he sipped from gladly.

When he lowered the bottle his forehead was in a creased line.

"I have no idea. I believe that he might he passing through to get to the coast. Move through smaller countries to avoid detection but it is completely out of his pattern for him to stay here and cause damage," he said.

Sarah spoke up. "Why is it surprising for Inferno to wreck havoc though? Shouldn't that be normal? How do we know that Inferno is still here and hasn't already left Frye?"

"All excellent questions, Sarah." Said Mr Du Bryn.

"When Inferno does damage he doesn't kill anyone. We believe that Inferno has been planning something huge for years, that he's just biding his time. Make no mistake — Inferno is as good an evil mastermind as he is a villain. There is no certain proof that he's already left Frye but I believe he hasn't. Please, be vigilant."

Tim turned to the camera.

"And there you have it folks, all the warning you'd ever need. If you see anyone suspicious or notice any suspicious activity then please report it to the police or to your nearest superhero, well, all except one." He snickered. Sarah joined in.

I scrambled up to get the remote off of the dining room table.

"What's his name? Grateful? Gracious? That one that saves squirrels and cats," Sarah said pretending not to know my name.

Tim laughed. "His names Gradient, and remember that name folks. He's the most useless superhero in the whole world —"

A vicious snarl resonated around the room and cut off Tims words.