Chapter 28

Scarlett
I knew him. I watched as he smiled his fanged smile. I saw the blood on his teeth. I knew him. I knew that voice, Tyne I believe. While mr. Alkwood bought me he was in the slave presentation room. Tyne was a vampire from the demon land. He fed off of changed werewolves.
I felt William begin to shift and I panicked, grabbing ahold of his arms I pulled back. He threw his body around and growled at me menacingly.
I shook my head "no! Don't shift! Please William! Don't!" I screamed. I knew there was fear in my eyes. I knew all of the walls that I put up over the years started to crumble. I never wanted to show fear.
I could see the shift stop as he peered into my eyes.
"Tsk tsk tsk little girl. You shouldn't have done that." I heard him say. I cringed. Tyne was a regular at the slave house, he liked the little and new ones.
"What do you want?" I said slowly. William had turned around and was yelling all sorts of evil things at him. I could tell though, my small broken voice, had broken through all the yelling of my pissed off mate.
"Oh dear little girl. Jezebel wants you back! Your powers are returning dear little girl. Our pride and joy will be watching you burn so our queen can fulfill what you will never be able to do." He said evilly. His chin slowly met his chest, and his shoulders drew back as if he was going to take flight.
I felt a surge of power flow through my veins.
There was a flash of light.
There were screams.
I felt my grip on William disappear.
I felt the floor give way.
There was a tingling in my finger tips.
There was another flash of light.
I saw him run away in fear.
I saw William being flung against the wall.
I felt tingling in my cheeks.
Another flash of light.
There was tingling in my chest, my back, my toes. My whole body was entangled in the tingling.
I threw my head back to scream, but no noise came out.
I stayed there for a second. Looking at the ceiling, what was happening to me?
William stood from the ground and started to walk towards me. His hands out in front of him telling me to be calm. I took a step forward.
"What's happening?" I said. My voice was different though, softer, gentler, angelic. William took another step towards me.
"Your an angel sweet heart." He said closing the distance between us. His fingers ran his fingers down my cheek.
"What?" I said. My face must have contorted in confusion cause he laughed softly.
"Your an angel sweet heart. A beautiful, powerful, full grown angel." He said, I felt his fingertips against a foreign part of my body. I turned to look at what he was touching and saw two giant white wings. I gasped and threw my hands at Williams chest.
"What the heck is that?!" I yelled.
"There your wings sweet heart." He said chuckling slightly.
"Oh. I guess that makes sense. William, you have to catch him. We have to kill him." I said as calmly as I could.
"The patrol guards caught him on the eastern border. There bringing him to the dungeon.
"No. He has to be burned. Then his ashes separated. William. Please listen to me. He has to be burned." My calm demeanor diminished as I spoke.
Tyne was Jezebel's right hand man, he was sly and quick and evil to the bone. Not to mention a full powered vampire. He enjoyed to rape, and beat little slaves to a pulp.
"Ok baby girl. We will burn him." He gripped my cheeks gently and pulled my face up to meet his. I nodded.
"How do I make the wings go away?" I asked pulling my face away from his hands and taking a step back.
"That's a good question." He paused. "I'm not sure. My mom might know." He shrugged then reached out and gently ran his fingers through the white feathers. I sigh fell from my lips, the feeling was euphoric. "Come on then. Let's go." He said smiling at me softly. I could tell he liked them. He gripped my hand with his and pulled me to see his mother.
How was he not freaking out about what just happened? He was acting as if nothing happened, no crazy vampire, no winged angel mate, nothing.