Chapter 15

Scarlett's POV

"Master William?" I said softly. I could feel the tension mounting.
I tried to suppress the pain that was still growing throughout my body. I could still feel the whip coming down hard against my chest. I could still feel the dirty fingers touching me. I could still hear all the names. I could still smell the blood. It was like I never left the slave house.
"Scarlett. Your awake! Thank god!" Master William dropped to his knees and grabbed my hand. The pain gradually went away as his other hand gently touched my body.
"Master. Is everything ok?" I asked. Master Alkwood still looked very stressed. It was a slaves job to relieve it.
"Scarlett, Jezebel is coming." My heart dropped as master Alkwood spoke. Mistress Jezebel was coming to take me away? What about master William? I thought we would be together forever, isn't that what mates are?
"Don't worry my love. She is not going to take you away from me I promise. Your my mate, no one could ever take you from me." Master Williams voice was reassuring.
I knew mistress Jezebel though, I was her personal slave for a while. She always got what she wanted. If I was what she wanted then no force would ever take me away from her.
"William. May I speak to you outside?"asked master Alkwood.
"Sure. Give me five minutes ok Scarlett? I'll be right back." I nodded then looked at my hands. They were covered in filth. I saw some old scars, burns, and whip marks. They looked so far away.
"Scarlett. Are you ok my dear?" Mistress Kelsey came in with a worried expression on her face. I could see both master William and master Alkwood past the door in a heated discussion.
"I'm ok mistress. Do you need anything?" I said pushing myself up onto my elbows and lifting my legs up ready to get up.
"Oh no no! Stay laying down ok sweetie." She pressed my shoulder down as she spoke hurriedly. " I'm here to ask you a few things ok?"
I nodded resting my head against the soft pillow.
"Do you know if your parents were apart of the supernatural world?" She asked calmly. I nodded yes.
"What were they?" She said her eyes filled with hope.
"My father was a pure blood werewolf, my mother was a fairy. They were the first pairing of both species." I said calmly.
"Your parents were fantasia and Whitlock?" She looked stunned.
"Yes." I said sadly. My father had died in battle, my mother lost herself afterward. Loosing herself in fairy creme, becoming addicted and a joke to the rest of the fairy community.
"Wow. Sweetie, why didn't you tell us?" She said grasping my hand lightly.
"Mistress, my mother is the laughing stock of the fairy kingdom." I said sadly, I could remember vaguely when my parents were together. My mom was beautiful, long flowing red hair and shining blue eyes. She was kind, caring, loving, everything the perfect mother was. Once my dad was gone though, she changed. She became vicious, addicted to the creme, and everything a child hates. She lost her wings not soon after my dad's death.
"You are so special my dear. You have the power of thousands in your hands! You could save us all child! Scarlett! Your the strongest woman on the face of the planet!" She yelled excitedly.
But she was wrong. I was just a slave. Slaves were weak, disgusting, vial, undiserving of love or sympathy. I was a slave. Nothing more. I deserved to be beaten daily, not told of my "worth". I deserved to be raped, not told of my beauty. I deserved to be used, not told of my success. I was a slave. Slaves didn't deserve happiness.
"Look here, 977501 you seem to be comfortable." Mistress Jezebel's voice rang through the room.