Chapter 24

Williams POV-
Later that day me and Scarlett were sitting in the living room watching some show about wedding dresses, say yes to the dress or something like that. She laid her head down on my lap and curled up into a ball on my side. I smiled. She was so beautiful. I placed my arm over her small waist.
"William?" She said softly while watching the tv.
"Yes baby girl?" I said rubbing her forarm with my thumb. Ever since we had gotten home she had refused to call any one master or mistress and even more refused to leave my side.
"Do you like me?" She asked so quietly I almost didn't hear her.
"Yes I like you Scarlett. Your my mate." I said confused.
"Do you love me?" I was shocked silent. "I love you William. From what I know of love. I know I love you."
"Yes I love you Scarlett. I will show you what love is. I promise." I said. I felt her nod on my leg. The smile that adorned my face felt permanent.

Scarlett POV-

I could feel the shift of power at the slave house, once we got home after mistress Jezebel was killed. There was a new head master or mistress.
I stopped calling people mistress and master at Williams house because I wasn't a slave anymore. Mistress Jezebel had taught us that once the head master or mistress dies the slaves in her reign become free from slavery. We all hoped and prayed the day would come soon that the witch died.
I knew that who ever was in charge now would continue her teachings. Though mistress Jezebel was cruel and mean she was a symbol of obedience and strength. Many slave holders looked up to her and followed her teachings.
"Scarlett? Can I ask you something?" Asked William while rubbing my arm gently. I loved the feeling.
"Of course." I said staring at the tv. I wasn't really watching it, I didn't understand much of it. Why would those girls need such a pretty dress? Why were they willing to spend so much on them?
"Why do you love me?" He said hesitantly. I had to think about it. I didn't really know what love meant, but I know how my father loved my mother. He adored her and wanted to give her the world. He would look at her with love and trust and commitment. My father would touch her face so softly and gently as if she was a fragile doll he had to protect. He died protecting her. When the witches attacked my father was the first on the battle field to protect us and was the last to die. He is my hero.
"What is the definition of love?" I asked.
"Love is when you have a deep affection and comfort with someone. You know you love them when you get butterfly's in your stomach and you don't want to leave there side." He said affectionately.
I thought about my father and my mother and their love for a moment. Then I thought about mistress Jezebel and her love for pain on others. I thought about my love with William. "I love you because you showed me a different kind of love. I think your definition is wrong about love. I think love is when you cherish something or someone. When you would die for them over and over in horrific ways. I think love is when you would watch them smile and it would make you smile too. I think love doesn't have a definition. There are to many types of love to have one definition." I said calmly.
There was silence for a few moments.
"I love you Scarlett." He used his fingers to gently tilt my head to be able to see his eyes.
As he looked at me I saw my father in his eyes. The adoration, the trust, the compassion, the love. I understood now how love feels. It feels like there is no one else in the world that can make you feel like a queen when your entire life you have been a slave.

- hope you enjoyed the chapter! Short but sweet! You learned a little bit about Scarlett and her back ground!! Love you my little pineapples!!-