Chapter 6

"But first....... how do you feel about us announcing that you're our little sister to the fans?"
Emmalee's mouth fell open as she stared in shock at her 3 brothers who were waiting for an answer. She had no idea how to answer this. She hadn't even thought about the fact that her brothers were famous and they would have to tell the world eventually. Was she ready for that much attention? She'd always been quiet and shy and not noticed by very many people. This announcement could change that forever.
"Helloooooo???" Kevin said waving his hand in front of her face. She had zoned out in her panic thoughts. "Are you okay? We don't have to announce it tonight if you aren't ready."
"Can I think about it until after your meet and greet?" She decides to stall instead of choosing immediately.
"Absolutely" Nick reassures her. "And seriously if you aren't ready we don't have to announce it for awhile. It's a big decision that is likely to bring a lot of attention your way so we understand if you don't want that yet."
She continued to think and made a mental pros and cons list for herself for the decision as they went to dinner. Joe pulled her from her thoughts by asking a question. "Do you have a favorite song of ours?"
"That's so hard to choose just one!" She thinks for a moment of all her favorite songs trying to narrow it down. "I've got a lot but ONE of my favorites is Hello Beautiful" Joe nods with a smirk and looks at Kevin and Nick. They look like they're up to something, but she's not going to question it she has to focus on her decision. They finish dinner and she goes and sits back in the room with couches while the guys go and do their meet and greet. She thinks harder about what pros and cons come with the decision of letting them announce her to the world.
PROS:
• No secrets or hiding when trying to see them (really bad at lying so wouldn't have to worry about covering it)
• people won't just assume I'm dating one of them if they do see us together
• they're excited and it would make them happy to show the world

CONS:
• would begin receiving a lot of attention everywhere
• "parents" would get mad / disown me / stop helping pay for things

She sighs and gets up to pace as she thinks about it all. The boys come in after their meet and greet and they all sit down. They look to Emmalee for her answer. She sighs as she tries to decide how to form her decision into words.
"Okay...." She begins. "I've been thinking and I don't think I want to be specifically announced just yet. Maybe go ahead and announce that you have news and that there is a little sister but don't give my name or show me to anyone yet? It's just that. This is the town I go to school in. I don't want everyone on campus to know me and bombard me asking to know my brothers just yet when I hardly know you." She pauses and they jump in reassuring saying they understand. "I think I came up with a plan though" she continues so they shut up and listen " I was thinking after I finish my finals in a few weeks. Maybe instead of moving back to the house of my 'so-called-parents' I could move closer to you. Spend my summer at the least with you. Announce it basically the day after finals when I'm off campus. When I can be with you right after for the reactions of it."
"I love that idea! You put a lot of thought into this in just the short amount of time we were in the meet and greet" Joe says as he hugs her. Nick and Kevin agree that it's a great idea and they can wait a few weeks before saying anything.
It's almost time for the boys to go on stage so they go change and Emmalee goes to find the seat they got her right next to the B-stage.
The show begins and the crowd goes crazy. Emmalee joins the fans as they scream when her brothers walk on stage and start singing. She sings along and looks around in awe at the amount of people filling the basically sold out arena who were all there because they love the music her brothers create.
After a few songs the boys come down the center isle to the B-stage. Each of them look to Emmalee and give a smile seeing her enjoying herself. Joe quickly winks in her direction as he passes right by her, causing he smile to grow even bigger. They sing a couple more songs then stop to talk for a moment.
"All right this part of the show we typically like to get interactive with the crowd and let you pick our next song." Joe says as he walks around the small stage reading peoples signs. "However, there's someone special here tonight that we love very dearly, and we really want to play their favorite song if that's all right with you guys?" The crowd cheers so they take that as a yes. They begin playing 'Hello Beautiful'. Joe looks over to see Emmalee tearing up with the biggest smile on her face. He smiles knowing he just made her day by choosing her favorite song. A few of the fans around Emmalee seem to notice the connection and wonder what is happening, but nobody approaches her.
The show continues and as soon as they finish the last song Emmalee goes backstage again to her brothers. She can't believe the night is almost over and she's about to have to say goodbye to them.