"Yeah," Taeyong nodded.

"Or you don't want the public to think you're dating someone like me?" she then asked him, but with a louder and angrier tone.

"Wh-what?" Taeyong asked her as he got caught off guard. Not knowing how to respond to her statement.

"You don't want your fans to think you're dating someone with a lower status. Someone who struggles with mental health, someone who smokes, someone who doesn't know how to take care of herself, am I right?" she asked him.

Seeing as how he widened his eyes and didn't know how to respond to her, she just sighed and turned on her heel before walking away, feeling her eyes burning in an instant.

END OF FLASHBACK.

It had been one week since that day and not even once in those seven days had he reached out to her and told her that it wasn't true and that he actually did care for her. That of course, made Seulgi confirm her theory and just the fact that he had the nerve to send the basket and the card made her blood boil.

She sat down on the chair and felt her back slump a bit. She then took another look at the basket and saw a few packs with Nicorette gum laying under the pastries. She sighed as she took out a box with macarons and popped one into her mouth. "I hate him," she muttered with her mouth full, "but he's right..."

She knew she had to make a change. Not for him, of course, but the public pointed out her poor vocals and her lack of energy on stage. And even though she kind of wanted to change to make a better impression on them, she was still going to do it for herself. Working hard only to have no one recognize it was one thing she couldn't change. But working hard only to ruin it by smoking and not taking care of her body was something she had done to herself, and only she could change it.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Seulgi... Seulgi... Wake up."

Seulgi groaned at the feeling of someone shaking her body and opened her eyes slowly. "What?" she mumbled as she rubbed her eyes before realising she wasn't in her bed and that all of her makeup had rubbed off on her long sleeves. She looked around the room and noticed she was still in the kitchen, surrounded by her members and a lot of empty bags of snacks.

"Damn, you didn't even drink a single drop of alcohol, how could you pass out by the kitchen table?" Sooyoung asked as she looked through the basket and found the few pastries that were left.

"TY?" Yerim spoke as she found the card beside the basket, causing the girls to immediately turn all their attention to their newly woke member with their eyes widened.

"What have we missed?" Seungwan asked her curiously.

"Yeah, first the instagram post and now this," Joohyun added as she picked up all the empty bags and threw them away.

"The instagram post? What have I missed?" Seulgi inquired.

"You don't know?" Yerim noted and Seulgi immediately shook her head.

"Well.." Sooyoung mumbled as she took out her phone and typed something on it. "Since you were getting a lot of hate comments after our performance the company released a statement saying that it was because you were extremely sick."

"They didn't say that on Instagram, did they?" Seulgi asked her confusingly.

"No, no," Seungwan shook her head, "we're getting there."

"Anyways," Sooyoung continued. "Because the public now think that you're really sick, they are praising you for being professional because even though you were sick, you were still pushing through the performance," she explained.