Unit 12

You could describe Tyler and Micheal as an old married couple. Always arguing but in the end their harsh words had no substance, with each eye roll Micha churned out and ear flick Ty landed upon the other boy you could never truly see dislike in their eyes - just playfulness.

Their friends had always found their bickering extremely amusing and as they slugged themselves through the hallways of The Academy they were at it once again - providing some early morning entertainment for all of them; even Rye cracking a smile now and again.    

The topic of argument at that moment was Tylers strange addiction to fruit.

"What even is that!" Micheal exclaimed, throwing his arms up as he motioned to the piece of fruit Tyler was biting into.

Tyler grinned at the smaller boy, "Do you know how ridiculous you look waving your arms around like that?" He said before taking a huge bite out of the small purple item he held in his hand.

Micheal groaned in frustration before releasing a torrent of words upon him. "Where do you even find these things? How can you eat that? What if it's poisonous? It can't be healthy to only eat fruit!"

The more things Micha blurted out the wider Tylers smile became. He turned and looked behind his shoulder at the others who also couldn't hide the amusement from their eyes.

"As a matter of fact, eating fruit helps me in more ways than one." Tyler wiggled his eyebrows suggestively as he threw the remains of the fruit into a bin.

"What is it? Why are you doing with your face?"

"I mean that it's scientifically proven that eating lots of fruit helps you preform better sexually."

Micheal whipped his head round to look at the other boy before bursting out into laughter. 

"Is that some kind of joke!"

"It's true! I've got all the boys and girls in this school begging for this di-" He was cut off by a very swift hit to the head from behind.

"Ow! Lopy was was that for?" Tyler clutched the back of his head and quickly ran away from the crazy girl.

She looked at him seriously before replying, "we don't use words like that in the presence of the Lord." After which she too burst out into laughter, the rest of the group soon joining in.

"All of you are crazy." He muttered to himself as he carried on walking in front of them only to be once again startled by a collision which this time were the arms and legs of a certain small boy wrapping around his body.

"What's wrong with you?"

Micha grinned and replied, "I'm tired. Carry me my steed!"

For a second Tyler looked like he was about to complain but instead he used his arms to secure the smaller boys legs around his waist.

"You're weird, d'you know that. In fac- Ow! What's wrong with you, you evil, evil child." The latter half of his response was due to the fact that the smaller boy had bitten his ear. He turned his head to look at him.

"Do you actually have issues?"

"I couldn't help it, your ears just look really tasty."

"Argh, get off me you weirdo!"

"Never! Now run like the wind!"

At that the two of them set off down the corridor leaving the rest of the group in a mix of confusion and amusement wondering what was wrong with the two insane people that they called friends.

.+*+.

Minutes later the group had finally caught up with the pair and were standing at the doors of the headteachers office.

Rye took a step forward into the room, the others following behind him. As he entered he pondered about how strange it was that it didn't have a door, maybe the man didn't fear rebellion from his students or maybe he was telling them that they he was always available.

Rye concluded that the first option was more plausible.

"Ah, Grain! You're back again!" The headteachers voice boomed across the dimly lit room.

"Ooh and you brought friends, Barley, Wheat and Corn I suppose." He was clearly having fun, which made Rye wonder how much human contact he had in his average day.

"I'm Joking of course," he paused to let out a chuckle, "I know who you all are, after all I did request your audience."

Up until this point the group had remained mute eagerly waiting for the guy to get to tell them what they so desperately wanted to hear.

"Well I suppose I needn't keep you here longer than needed, I'm sure you all want me to get to the point." He sighed, "No one ever wants to have a proper conversation with me." Another pause. "As I'm sure you've all assumed by now I'm sending all of you on your first Loria. Yipee right! Anyways You're to go to Emperor Kliazes Annual ball and find out what he knows about the recent disappearance of his son, once you extract as much information as you can he is to be... disposed of. Easy enough right?"

The group nodded their heads in agreement each of them strategizing silently.

"Why?"

"Why what Grain?" The headteacher replied.

"Why do we have to kill him?" In no way was Rye against  killing the guy but it was always nice to have a reason, it made the actual event a bit more enjoyable.

"Well, we have plausible reason to believe that the Emperor has certain... pedophilic tendencies and I for one don't really want a man like that in a position of power."

I've done it. I've finally churned out another pitiful excuse of a chapter. Are you proud of me?

Just kidding I know you're proud.

Anyways this is it and I can promise that there wont be this long a wait for the next unit - she says to herself and the two other people in her school who read this story.

Thanks for reading and until next time,

Bye,

.+*Sunchoke*+.

Side note: If you want to comment or give a review on the book please don't hesitate, I'm available if you want to tell me what you do and don't like, especially what to improve and lets face it what author doesn't want to feel special once in a while when they see a comment pop up in their notifications.