Unit 17

This guy is so fucking annoying.

While Rye and Micha were doing, you know, spy things, In the absence of the Emperor the mood of the ballroom had slightly sobered. The lively music had dulled to a slow thrum and the guests were only slightly swaying as they mingled in the crowd.

Konnor had been engaged with his previous dance partner for the most part of the ball and his lopsided grin had persisted for just as long. Even for him it was long enough to almost break down and flee rather than pretend to be interested for much longer.

His name was Jihoh Hak, 22 years old and the son of Drasen Hak a Count of a small country in the northern part of the Adgar Province. Honestly, he was quite good looking and well spoken but the way he was sticking to his side was unbearable.

Konnor thought that most of the nobles who were there had come to engage with old friends and expand their social circles but it seemed like the complete opposite with this guy. For the whole time the only person he had approached was Konnor. Wherever the younger boy went he followed, bringing alone a stream of light-hearted conversation with him.

At first Konnor had wondered whether the other man was onto them and was following him for security reasons but it didn't seem that way.

Jihoh was completely uninhibited in his actions and hadn't payed so much as a glance to Tyler, Penelope or Delilah. That paired with the fact that Micha or Rye hadn't reported anything out of the usual to him made him pretty sure that the other man was just a normal person

However with this overt relaxed manner came another problem. The excessive touching.

It sounded weird when put this way, but Konnor was sure Jihoh had touched about every single part of his upper body in some way or the other in the last half hour. Konnor couldn't betray his true feelings so his facial expression didn't waver but in his head he was scowling deeply

Not only could he not snoop around like a proper super spy who, might he add, had trained for a month solid and was finally let out on a real mission; he also had to listen to lengthy drabbles and put up with borderline sexual harassment.

At that moment Jihoh was once again lunging for his shoulder before Konnor lightly swerved and spoke up with a smile. "You'll have to excuse me Mr. Hak but I'm in dire need for the restroom."

Konnor almost laughed at the posh accent he'd been forced to adopt for the occasion but his face stayed serious.

As he turned to walk away the other man spoke up. "Coincidentally I am also the same," he grinned. "I hope you don't mind me following you."

Who the fuck wouldn't mind?

Alas, Jihoh could be persistent when he wanted to and as a result the two ended up on their way to the toilet through a long corridor near the entrance.

Konnor took the initiative to start up a conversation once more, silence was unbearable for him. "So, Mr. Hak, you didn't come here with any friends or acquaintances at all?"

It wasn't until he'd said it that he realised how rude it might have come off and he quickly made a move to correct himself before he was interrupted.

"Hah, I've said there's no need to call me so formally. We're practically the same age. But no its just me unfortunately. My Wife couldn't make it so I came alone." He said this with a bashful smile.

Konnor's eyes nearly popped out from their sockets.

Wife.

This man was married? First of all he was really young and second of all Konnor was sure he'd been coming onto him for the entire party.

Jihoh noticed Konnor's blanched out expression for a second before his face turned from a mixture of confusion, to doubt, to acknowledgement and then a little bit of embarrassment. Konnor once again moved to speak up to override his shocked expression but was interrupted a second time.

His eyes wavered slightly before he spoke. "I see. She warned me about this. Apparently I'm really touchy, which makes people uncomfortable and passes off the wrong message but no one ever tells me to stop so I never notice which leads to unfavourable opinions and whatnot."

As he spoke his cheeks and ears were tinted red and he was unable to keep eye contact. This was the first time in the last few hours that Konnor had seen Jihoh rendered to such a state and couldn't help his opinion of the guy changing slightly.

He paused for a second before speaking up again. "I told her I would try but I can't help but get really comfortable really fast and having a bit of a sticking problem. I apologise if I've given off the wrong impression."

His eyes travelled even further to the soles of his shoes and the end of his sentence came out as a bit of a murmur but was nevertheless still distinguishable.

Konnor's eyes almost watered at how adorable the guy was being. Jihoh had shown he was actually just super awkward and had a few bad habits which, once explained, didn't seem that bad anymore. He had to resist the compelling urge to pat the other mans head in a brotherly way.

Konnor gave the guy a small smile. "No need for apologies, I completely understand now."

However Jihoh still remained slightly embarrassed. Seeing that his words hadn't calmed him down as much as he wanted them to Konnor tried another approach.

"Actually, I was really just relieved because I already have a guy I like a lot right now..."

That statement seemed to work as Jihoh peered up at him inquisitively before breaking out into a grin. "Oooh, you've got a crush~ What's his name, what's his name?"

It was hard to believe that this was the same guy that looked like he wanted to melt into the floor a second ago but Konnor couldn't help grin back despite that.

"Never mind that. Now, tell me a bit more about your wife."

Jihoh looked a bit put out by the refusal but was eager to jump on the opportunity to sing praises about the woman who was in his opinion, the coolest most beautiful person underneath the three stars.

Unedited

Yes, Jihoh and his wife will be important later on, thats why I took a chapter to introduce him.

Definitely not because I want to add him to the army of cute people im formulating into this book no definately not

Jihoh's wife is going to be so hot, I'm telling you rn her character is mwah

I though we needed to check in on our baby Konnor and see how he was so I took a break from Rye pls dont hurt me :/ he'll be back soon

I find this so funny so ill write it here.

Originally I was going to write it so that Konnor says Tye instead of nevermind in a poor attempt to conceal Rye's name but it would have been so silly in later arcs like all of them would meet and Jihoh would've thought that Konnor had a crush on Tyler and Rye would've thought Jihoh likes Konnor and Micha would've just been standing there like -_-, Jihoh would've been so heartbroken that his friend had a crush on someone who was so obviously in love with a certain short irritable computer guy and probably wouldn't be able to hide his sadness at allll

But anyways, best believe i updated in a week and ill be backk

Thanks for reading,

.+*Sunchoke*+.