Who are you? I...I dont know...

I look at myself in my new uniform. I look so smart but I'm not. I look confident but I'm not. I look friendly but I'm shy. I look so happy but I'm no where near it. I wear a blue blazer with a white tie, along with my grey shorts. I take a deep breath knowing this was it and run a hand over my messy, brown hair. Act. That's all you have to do. In the morning paint on a smile and wash it of at night.
Smile, I tell myself. Id say I was a pretty good actor, I mean, no ones seen the real me, yet.

The aroma of bacon seeps into the air and fills my room. Mmm, dad must be cooking bacon and eggs. I grab my scribbled on, fluro green, school bag with un-used books and pencils. I run down the steps in a rush to get to the kitchen. Bacon and eggs sit on white China plates and the plates sit on the black marble dinner table. I walk around to the head of the table because I always sit there. I drop my bag carefully on the wood floor boards and take my seat and eat my beakfast. Breaky was delicious as always. My parents don't really talk to me much. I don't know why but I think it's for the best.

After I finished my breakfast, I grab my school Bag and swing it over my shoulder, heading for the front door. I walk out of our new fancy house to the bus stop just a few houses down from mine. The air smells so fresh, like flowers, and I could breathe it all day. In a couple of minuets I'm at the bus stop. I could walk to school but I'm not that brave and mum wouldn't allow me to walk alone. I signal my hand to the bus driver and he comes to a stop before opening the front door to let me on. I climb up the steps and pay my fare to the driver. I walk down the isle to the second row of seats and throw my bag down on the floor before sitting down on the cold, wrecked seat. I won't look back because I know they're looking at me. I can feel their eyes burning the back of my neck. I make the same stupid mistake I always make and look back to find people staring at me like I came off the street. Well news flash, I'm not. I look at everyone staring at me, I would have thought they knew it was rude to stare but obviously not. There's nothing but silence and all I can hear is the bus engine. I turn around and get out my headphones and plug them into my phone. I can hear everyone whispering about me behind my back. People judge. They're judging me now.

When the bus rides over I wait for everyone to get off, not wanting to be rushed or pushed around. After everyone gets off, I pick up my bag and get off the bus. I walk towards to where I think is the front office and when I get within five meters of it, I see a sign in big letters that says, 'front office' on the window. I walk in and find a lady In her fortys typeing on her computer but looks at me as soon as the door slams shut. Damn it, why'd I have to be so loud.

"Sorry about that." I say qiutely pointing to the door behind me.

"It's fine. Happens all the time." She replys. "I haven't ever seen you before. Are you new here?" She asks friendly.

I smile and say, "Yeah. I am."

"Welcome to glade high. If you could please tell me your name, I could get you your time table?" She says listening for my name.

"Brooklyn. My names Brooklyn James." I say proudly, smiling.

The lady at the front office types my name into her computer and prints my time table. She hands it to me and I see her red manicured finger nails. I look at my table to see what I have first. Year ten Maths. I hate maths and to make it worse, I'm terrible at it.

"Thanks!" I say walking out of the office.

Today. Today's the day I leave everything bad and good behind. New beginning. No one knows who I am here. I'm free. They say being positive is the key to life but I'm sure it isn't but I'll try it out...again. I am starting a new school and I will find friends and pass all my grades, not. I have this horrible feeling that today is going to be the worst day ever.