Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen . . .|
-i think i can take it from here.

     Taehyung heard people go by, prices going at hundreds to even thousands but nothing over two-thousand dollars. He was sitting as he waited, the slaves and 'objects' being sold would stare at him as they were next, some disgusted and others seemed begging. All he could do was breathe out sorries to them all.

His heart was aching and all he wanted to do was leave and hug his brother. The least thing he wanted to do was hug his brother for a final goodbye since he never got that sort of closure.

His heart was thumping, feeling so outrageously loud in his ears, person after person walking out to be sold right in front of him.

"Mr. Kim" Taehyung snapped his head up, eyes meeting Jeongguk's. He was startled and woken from his train of thought. "Last person, you're up." He held his hand out, the guards forcing Taehyung to stand, making sure he couldn't run.

"J-Jeongguk," Taehyung teared up. "P-P-Please . . . I'm- I'm begging you . . . D-Don't sell me, please." He pleaded, a small and wet tear rolling down his beautiful face, tracing the makeup down to his jawline. "I just . . . I just want to be free"

Jeongguk would deny it but seeing Taehyung look so broken ached him inside, never to be admitted that it ever did. "Princess," he started. "Even if I were to keep you, you would never be free. Maybe if you beg these people hard enough, they'll think about it."

With those sour and venomous words, he took Taehyung's hand and pulled him onto the stage. The lights shown on the precious commodity once more, his body clearly trembling with anxiety and extreme fear; being petrified.

"As said before, a hundred thousand dollars to start off this wonderful bid! Use your money wisely and start us off smartly!" Jeongguk smirked, looking over everyone in the crowd.

"All the money I own! Take me!" Seokjin stood once more. He yelled and shouted. "You can take me, own the fucking business, take every dollar I own! Please! I'll do anything just to set him free!" Seokjin cried out.

"Princess, do you want to tell your brother everything I've already told you? Everything I've said when you used that trick on me? The 'I'll give you everything I own' plead?" Jeongguk chuckled lowly, holding the mic out to Taehyung's pouty lips.

Taehyung shook his head but Jeongguk glared, making Taehyung look out at Seokjin.

"H-He already owns e-everything, hyung." Taehyung's small voice hit the ears of everyone but this didn't stop Seokjin.

"I'll work until I die in this shitty mafia, provide anything I fucking can just to let him go!" He yelled, anger and sadness riddling his face faster than a blink of an eye.

Jeongguk took the mic back to his thin lips, wetting them before speaking out. "There is one thing I want, Mr. Kim Seokjin. Want to guess?" He cocked his head in Taehyung's direction. "I only want him and I want to sell him. Too bad you don't have anything more I want that I don't already have." He shrugged, mocking Seokjin's frown.

"Two hundred thousand" a bid was shouted out, a small sign raised in the air to show who offered.

"You're a sick fuck! How can any of you sit in here and bid on fucking people! It would be different if it was your little sisters or any of your family! Or even fucking you! You ALL deserve to rot in hell! Fucking burn for your crimes!" Seokjin wailed, Namjoon standing and picking up Seokjin, moving his hand and pinching a small piece of skin on his back. This action made Seokjin whimper and cry out, the small pinch just making him cry more.

Namjoon removed Seokjin from the auction, the bid now officially starting without the disruption.

"Two hundred thousand, do I hear higher?" Jeongguk asked.