Chapter 59

Caroline's P.O.V.

My words are now lost or maybe they are stuck down my throat. I have nothing, in particular, to comment or form any theories about the situation. Actually, I think I ran out of words.

This family, I mean his family is the weirdest family I ever came across.

When I met my boss, I saw him making out with her soon-to-be-Mrs. Mikealson, as per Kol stated and told me that the boss is really thinking of proposing her, I have no idea about the story behind his pretty face.

He, who bears the mask of perfection and keeps his business on his fingertips has to deal with such a complicated family.

I'm sure his parents are not very supportive. Their first impression on me was something that was totally unfit to call them perfect parents. His father who seems to be more money and lust minded doesn't care much about his son or wife because I failed to see any sort of bond between Mr. And Mrs. Mikealson. Bonnie clearly told me why and no wonder why boss has such a bad impression of a good, healthy and lovable life.

"Why are you so quiet now?" Boss snapped me out my reverie.

"Umm... I was just processing!" I answer honestly.

"Keep going then, and please get it inside the thick skull of yours that, I, do not take orders from you. I hired you so you're the one who needs to listen to me instead of asking questions against my will." He warns me, very calmly. Something I hardly see in him.

"Got it!" I replied flatly but kept going anyway, "but I was thinking if didn't you and your brother Edward—"

"He's not my brother!" He cut me off madly.

"Okay okay, fine! You and Edward never tried to reconcile?"

"Reconcile?" He laughed and laughed and laughed more as if I cracked the funniest joke he ever heard.

"I don't think, " he finally answers me, "that you heard every single word I had wasted my energy upon to tell you the whole story."

"I certainly did!" I assure him. I don't want him to think that I got bored or something while he was telling me.
"What my real question is that if both of you tried to keep your business rivalry aside and come to peace in order to remove whatever rift you have?"

"No, we didn't! It took me ages to find anything this important. everything was out of our hands by then. Edward grew aggressive day by day. Before I could put water on the fire we both started, he tried to sneak into my business by fraud. But I was smart enough to take care of it with my own manners before I hit a huge loss."

"With your own manners!" I am suspicious a bit. I don't know why but I am. "You did something that provoked him into stooping this low that he sent people to murder us in the middle of the Brooklyn bridge.

"The sun is rising, isn't?" He averted his eyes and head to look up, ignoring my question. "In an hour, we will be back at our home and Edward would be in jail."

I grit and went on as if he had not interrupted like an asshole. "Could you understand the intensity? He blocked the freaking busiest bridge to kill us! Such kind of power in someone's hand is just—"

"Shhh! Have I not just told you not to ask a question? Shut your mouth because my patience is wearing thin. You're irritating me to death!" He warned.

"I am stating facts!" and I turned my head away frustrated so badly. After a while when the stars disappeared and the sky started getting clear, the boss got up and took a round of our near way spots.