14💙

"You have some explaining to do, Miss. When were you going to tell me about your mysterious relationship with Joe? And of all the guys at school, you chose him. Is there something you're not telling me?" I interrogated Pearl as she got into the car. School closed like 4minutes ago and I wasted no time in hurrying her to get to the car. I didn't want to spend more than 5minutes in the school premises. Everything and everyone that I saw began to annoy and irritate me. Well, apart from Pearl. Nothing about her that I know can irritate me. I just had to take it as a normal thing because there were lots of times when she did and said things that irritated. Being the bigger person, I just let them slide because arguing with her is like pouring water on a rock: it doesn't enter anywhere. It just slides down. That's exactly how she is anytime we argue. That's in the past tho.

"If you would calm your tits down, you'll let me explain to you, instead of ranting like a girl that just saw her period for the first time." She whisper-yelled back at me, not even sparing a glance at me.

All because of a guy named Joe. I really can't wait to have a serious talk with him. I'm sure you were thinking I was going to fight him but fighting isn't in my blood. I prefer to settle misunderstandings by talking them out not exchanging fists with someone that isn't worth it. But I wouldn't just talk to him. Some other things are going to come in handy. Nobody messes with my bestfriend and gets away with it. Not even my sisters can do it, talk less of a guy. He has really got some nerves. I wonder if Beverly has told him of the things I did to her. I really want her to tell him and to also add her own story to make it more interesting and believable.

"Whoa! Dude, you're going to hurt that poor steering wheel by gripping to it so tightly." Pearl warned. I wouldn't say I forgot but I totally thought I was all by myself here. I even asked her a question and she's yet to give me an answer.

"So, what do you have to say? My ears are really itching to hear the wonderful story you have to tell me." I exclaimed, stealing glances at her to know if she'll get frightened at the tone I used in talking to her but surprisingly, she's still her bitchy self. My shouts no longer get to her, that's an improvement but at this point, I wish she would start crying(just a little) then I would apologize to her and then bring her close to my chest and I'll begin to play with her hair. What? That's the kind of thing I already planned out but as strong-headed as she is, she decided to ruin it.

"Well, aren't you going to say something? I'm kind of dying of suspense here and please do us both a favour by wiping that look off of your face. It doesn't suit you one bit." I commented, trying my best to ease the tension that was going on between us. Our fights don't last. We don't know how we do it but in the next minute, we'll be smiling like nothing happened and it's really weird but she doesn't see anything weird about it. I crave to know how she doesn't observe some things that go on around her.

"I'll take it that you're done nagging. I thought you were never going to stop because you kept going on and on about nothing. So are you ready to listen now?" She asked me. Just because I really want to know what's going on, I would pretend that never happened. I would pretend that she didn't just shout at me like I'm her younger brother. I'm just going to suck it in.

"Whatever. Just loosen up and wipe that look off of your face, like I said, it doesn't suit you. Let's go in." I sighed because this attitude of hers has already drained all the energy I had. Thank heavens we decided to stop at a restaurant to talk things out. As I was about to step out of the car, she poked me at my back. What now?

"That wasn't the reply I was expecting. Are you ready to listen now?" She repeated the question. She really is a handful. "Yea. So can we go now? I'm starving and from the look of things, I don't think you are. So please be a good bestfriend and follow me inside. Thank you as you do so." I said and immediately left the car inorder to avoid any unnecessary comment that would come out of her mouth.

"So you mean this has been going on for the past two weeks and you didn't bother to tell me? What if something had happened to you? What if he hurt you?" I questioned her and at the same time, trying my best not to attract the attention of the people that were sitting around because most of them happened to be teenagers and it's a known fact that teenagers are good at spreading wrong information. The last thing I want is to hear a wrong information that concerns me. So I quickly changed from gear 4 to gear 1.

"You know I'm not a kid, right? I'm 17 so I know what to do and what not to do. It's going to be very foolish of me to endanger myself. So quit shouting at me because you're beginning to attract the attention of those people over there." She warned and then pointed to the group of guys and girls sitting three tables away from us. When I glanced at them, they all gave me THE LOOK and I also gave them THE LOOK since we were communicating through looks. I diverted my attention away from them to Pearl who was calmly eating her cup noodles like nothing just happened. I cleared my throat to get her attention and after 6seconds, she dropped her cup noodles and looked at me.

" I'm sorry for raising my voice at you." I whispered, making sure that no one else heard us. Then I waited for her to say something. Like 'it's okay' or something but nothing came so I decided to continue with what I was saying.

"But the thing is that you don't really know Joe. He's not who you think he is." "Okay. So tell me what I don't know about him because I really want to know what you think I don't know already." She stated, leaning back to the chair and folding her arms across her chest. Why does she want to make it more difficult than it already is? Since she's proving stubborn, I'll just tell her what is about to go down if she continues dating Joe.

"Well............" I began.

Please vote
Please comment

Thank you.