Chapter Sixteen

After minutes of silence, Christopher glanced at me and smirked. "You make me feel nervous."

"You make me feel calm," I responded.

He chuckled. "Be ready around an hour." He said.

Christopher's POV

"Dude, where have you been?" Dylan asked as I walked into the room.

"I— I got caught up with some stuff." I scoffed.

"Nicole? Hum." I nodded. "You've been spending a lot of time with her. What's up with that?"

"Nah, um, um, she's just going through a tough situation and I'm just helping her that's all."

"I can see that... man, I'm gonna say this because you are my brother. It's nice to see you be yourself with her, but I think you're getting too attached."

"I'm not getting attached. I know what I'm doing, I have her right where I want her to be."

He laughed. "I know you man, we have been best friends since we were in diapers. Look at you, you're dropping everything to go help her."

I stopped putting my clothes in the backpack and sat down on the bed.

Nicole's POV

"Oh my, God! I thought you were going to stay at Joy's." I run to them and hugged them.

"We were but we couldn't leave you here alone. It didn't feel right." Amber explained.

"What's up with the clothes? Going somewhere?" Victoria asked.

"I have a lot to tell you guys but I don't have time. Christopher is waiting for me." I answered closing the backpack.

"Wait, what?" "Christopher?" They asked.

I nodded. "You can't trust him, Nicky. He is just playing you." Victoria spoke up.

"I mean, we know you have been spending a lot of time with him and he somehow has changed you for the better," Amber added.

"Yeah, we are happy that since you have been spending all that time with him your grades got up, you haven't been fighting or called to the principals' office. But babe, we are concerned."

"Ok. Maybe there are lots of things that I used to be that I am no longer. And there are lots of things that I'd never thought I'd be that I unexpectedly am. But, concerned about what?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Don't get defensive with us. Ok. He changed you, and like we said he changed you for the better but that's my point you didn't even realize that he was making you better. You let your guard down. And everything is getting too serious."

"Look, thank you, but everything is fine. I know what I'm doing."

"We are just watching out for you." "Yeah, babe, we don't want to see you get hurt." They explained.