"Alright then, when we come back, we're going to see just which routine will woo the hearts of these three judges!" You turned back to look at Alec. 

"And cut!"

You let out a deep sigh. Feeling a tap on your shoulder, you glanced at Ruben. He was giving you a reassuring smile. "Let's win this thing"

You grinned at him, determination spreading across your face. "Let's"

----

You smiled widely as you looked at the dancers. The contest has begun and you couldn't help but dance along with each song that was playing. Ruben and Grace stood beside you, feeling the beat as well. You cheered along with everyone else with each performance. Everyone was having fun. The judges and Alec were smiling. Your friends in the audience were amazed by all of the performances. 

When it was Grace's turn of performing, you were mouthing out the words to the song. She was dancing to '7 Rings' by Ariana Grande. She and three other girls from the studio were in sync with each other. Grace was smiling wide while dancing. She was in her natural element. If you were to lose to anyone in the contest, you're sure that you would lose to Grace. The entire event didn't feel like you were being filmed on live television. It felt like you were at a party. A party that only Grace can shine on.

"Now what we were all waiting for, (y/n) and Ruben!" Ms. Adeen announced. Everyone cheered while the music changed. You and Ruben stepped out into the center. Immediately, the two of you began to get into the mood of the lyrics. Your movements were in sync with the beats of the song. The two of you were grinning at each other as you danced. Your nerves from the previous days all gone. You didn't focus on the fact that you were being filmed or being judged. You just focused on the song. Your friends cheered whenever you and Ruben were being a tad bit intimate, your close friends whistling. Manu was cheering the loudest out of the group, which made you laugh. 

When your routine ended, you let out a huge laugh. Ruben grinned while high-fiving you. The music changed and everyone began to dance collectively as a group. Grace and Ruben pulled your friends to dance while you dragged Marinette and Alya. Your mind wasn't focused on the fact that Marinette was your love rival. You only thought about the amount of fun you are having. 

The moment the music calmed down and everyone refocused on the fact that this was a contest, everyone went to stand around Alec. The judges had just given him the envelope that held the winner's names. You held Grace's and Ruben's hands tightly.

"Before I announce who won, I would just like to say that all of these teams showed great talent" Alec clapped his hands together while looking at all of you. "Now to the big reveal. The winner of the dance battle! And the winner is..."

"7 Rings Choreo by Grace Allard!"

Grace let go of your hand as she let out a loud squeak. Everyone tackled her and her group into a group hug before they went and grabbed the prize from Ms. Adeen. You could hear Ruben sigh beside you. He tilted his head up, looking defeated. "There goes the prize"

"Shut up" You elbowed his side, causing him to jump. "You didn't really care about the prize did you?"

"No, I guess not" Ruben laughed.

"TICKETS TO JAGGED STONE WITH BACKSTAGE PASSES"

"I'm going to kill you" Ruben spoke as he stared at Grace and her group freaking out over the prize.

"Not if I kill you first" You stated.

"I thought heroes don't kill" Ruben mocked with a smile.

"Who said I was that sort of hero" You smirked. 

Manu awkwardly laughed as he noticed the threatening aura surrounding both of you. If he hadn't walked up to you and taken Ruben away, you were sure going to punch the living daylights out of the tall boy. Your sudden emotions went away when you turned to look at Grace. She was trying so hard to hide her inner fangirl as she was taking pictures with the judges. A small smile formed on your lips as you watched the sight. 

"You were amazing" You turned your attention to Luka. He was standing in front of you, a small smile matching your own. 

"Thanks" You averted your eyes from him. Just as Luka opened his mouth to speak again, a crew member called your name. Without batting an eye, you rushed over to the television employee. Luka eyed you leaving the room. 

It's been almost a whole week since you've been akumatized and your relationship with Luka has changed. You've been distancing yourself from him and he has no idea why. He doesn't remember doing anything wrong. The two of you have been distant, but being distant never ruined your friendship. 

"Is everything okay?" Kwan perked her head up from your pocket. "You've been avoiding Luka recently"

"Everything's fine" You entered your dressing room.

"Liar"

You ignored the small flaming bird as you changed out of your outfit. Right now isn't the time to be thinking about boys or love. You should be thinking about your performance. After going through all of the songs in your playlist, you decided to choose a song that will help you release the emotions you kept inside since your childhood. Sighing, you looked at yourself in the mirror.

You wore denim ripped jeans, a black graphic t-shirt, a leather jacket, and black combat boots. You wore bracelets that you had collected over the past two years during your travels with your friends. Your choker glistened under the light of the room. Kwan flew to your shoulder, smiling at your reflection. 

"You're ready?" Kwan perked. 

"As I'll ever be"