chapter o3;

- SeokJin?

NamJoon did not notice anything, not even a sound. Even after entering the bunker and walking to the kitchen, he did not see anyone. Suspicious of everything, he put his bag down, and went to the child's room. When he arrived near the door, he closed his eyes, and was able to perceive the sound of someone breathing steadily. He then entered and looked at the room. It was easy to guess that little Jin was hiding under his blanket. Was he sleeping? Focusing all his attention on the sound in the bedroom, he thought for himself that he was not sleeping since the rhythm of his heart was a bit too fast, yet he wasn't afraid either since it was too slow for that. NamJoon turned his back to the bed and failed to see SeokJin coming to hit him with a pillow from behind.

It was already the second time he was fooled like this. It was completely stupid, but he really didn't see it coming, and it irritated him. Yet, he just let out a tired sigh and looked at the young boy. The child was agitated, not knowing what to do after hitting someone, and then he hid his small face behind his frail hands.

- S-sorry... I-I thought it was someone else... I-I'm really sorry...

NamJoon remained silent, inviting the little boy to sit on the bed and doing the same. A gentle smile spread on his lips as the child sat on the bed, a little hesitant.

- Well at least we can say that you know how to protect yourself, Jin.

The young boy blushed, then crossed his arms on his chest while avoiding NamJoon's gaze. Even though he did not wanted to accept any compliment coming from the adult near him his heart still fluttered with pride. NamJoon snickered, sensing Jin's restlessness. They had met for less than a day and Jin already got used to being around NamJoon.

However, he knew nothing about NamJoon, be it his true nature or how dangerous he was, everything was beyond knowledge for Jin. How could anyone stay unfazed by this innocence, the boy was being too pure for reality.

Stopping his train of thoughts, NamJoon went to the kitchen to take back his bag, and then came back to show it to the young boy whose curiosity had been picked.

- I brought you some clothes and new blankets. Come.

Jin's eyes opened wide, surprised by NamJoon's kindness. Even though he was already used to being around him, they still met not so long ago. He opened the bag with happiness written all over his face and looked with extreme carefulness the content. Nothing was to Jin's liking, not even a tee-shirt nor some pants, it was his size either. NamJoon would have to grow some seamstress's talent to make something wearable out of all those things. At the very least, the content of the bag still meant that Jin would be able to change clothes.

- ... Thank you, Jin said with his face hidden behind the shirt he was holding in his hands

NamJoon couldn't help but smile a little while watching Jin's shyness. He still did not know why helping Jin in his survival game made him happy, but he had been wondering for so long that it became close to useless...

NamJoon put his elbows on his knees while his head rested on his hands, his eyes darkened for a bit. Maybe was it time to have a serious talk.

- Tell me, Jin. Do you know what's happening outside?

Jin kept on looking the clothes he had been generously given. He perfectly heard the question he was asked, but it seemed like he deliberately decided to elude it. Slowly, the sense of fear grew inside of Jin, becoming noticeable. After a few long minutes of silence, Jin's thin pinkish lips parted, letting a very small voice escape.