Chapter 10: Beacon

Start from the beginning

The four spent several hours just talking about different things, however, Ko was the one to bring up what was on everyone else's mind. "So I got to ask, what made all of you want to become a huntsman?" Ko asked as he looked at the three in front of him. However, after he said this they were all a bit quiet. "Oh right, I guess it's kind of rude of me to ask that without giving my own reason first right? Alright fair enough," Ko said as he looked at the figures in front of him.

"Well, Truth be told I never cared for becoming a huntsman until King suggested the idea. I've always liked fighting, the thrill of battle, and the rush you get when you're facing a powerful opponent. I love that feeling, and I'm sure huntsman get to feel it all the time. So if I can do that while also getting the chance to defend the weak and innocent then I can't imagine a better life for me. I mean, not unless I become a bodyguard or something, but even then I feel like that would be a little lackluster," Ko said as he looked at the figures in front of him.

"Well, I've always wanted to be a huntsman," Dillon said as he looked at the pink-haired male in front of him. "I don't really know why if I'm being honest, there was just always something appealing about it to me. About saving people, helping the world, and going on adventures all at once. I know that huntsmen tend to die young but even so that thought doesn't discourage me that much," Dillon said as he looked at the figures in front of him.

"Yeah I know what you mean, I never really thought about it until recently but after I did I became rather fond of the idea as well. I think the lifestyle would suit me better than just staying Trigelph all my life. After all, there's not much someone with as many personalities as me to do in Trigelph. Plus making new friends might be good for me. Not to mention the fact that I might somehow be able to get help keeping all these guys in line," Javon said as he tapped on the side of his referring to his other personalities.

Ko nodded hearing this and looked at the only male in front of him that hadn't answered yet. "What about you King? Why do you want to be a huntsman?" Ko asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Well, it's a known fact that most of the royal family were huntsmen. I guess I just view as a sort of right of passage," King said as he looked at the figures in front of him.

"Right of passage?" Dillon asked as he looked at the figure in front of him.

"Yeah, because everyone that became a huntsman went on to become a great and powerful ruler, my mother included. I just want to try and follow in her footsteps and be the best huntsman I can be. Especially since now, I have someone to protect other than just the kingdom," King said as he looked at the female in front of him.

"I see, well that's reasonable I suppose," Ko said as he looked at the figure in front of him. After he said this they all heard a low grumble and turned to look at Javon.

"What? It's been a while since I've eaten anything, okay!" Javon said pouting slightly causing King to chuckle slightly.

"He's right," King said as he sat up and looked at the female in front of him. "We've been in here all day, and soon it'll be time to go to bed. We should get something to eat before it's too late," King said as he looked at the figures in front of him. When he said this they all nodded and stood up before walking towards the door and then making their way towards one of the restaurants the ship had.