Chapter 5: Festival

P.O.V. Third

King sighed as he looked at the several sheets of paper in front of him. King had finally become old enough to start fulfilling his princely duty's and at the moment he was starting to learn about the paperwork that went with it. As King looked over the sheets of paper he stopped for a moment to look up at Xiantao, who at the moment was watching him to ensure he didn't attempt to sneak out once again.

"Hey Xian, I have a question," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. When he said this the male looked at him. "Why don't we have a festival like all the other kingdoms do?" King asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"I . . . I don't understand," Xiantao said as he looked at the young male in front of him.

"Well, most placed have a festival or holiday to celebrate something. Like a great accomplishment that was achieved, or the day that they founded their country. Why don't we have something like that?" King asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"I guess the subject has just never come up before?" Xiantao said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Really? Out of the twenty-one thousand rulers that came before me, none of them thought to make a holiday to celebrate something?" King asked as he looked at the male in front of him. "Well then make one," King said as he looked at the male in front of him.

"Are you sure that's wise my prince?" Xiantao asked as he looked at the young male in front of him.

"Yeah, why not? After all, the festival's are always good for improving morale. Not only that but it'll give a reason to celebrate and be happy for a week," King said as he looked at the male in front of him. Xiantao nodded hearing this and looked at the male in front of him.

"In that case, I'll be back with the paperwork momentarily," Xiantao said as he walked out of the room. King sighed hearing this and looked down at the small amount of paperwork that he had just completed. He was happy that they were starting him off small with Xiantao handpicking which papers he saw so that he didn't feel too overwhelmed by what was happening.

As King continued King heard a slight knocking on the door and looked up hearing this. "Come in," King said as he looked at the door. When he said this the door slowly opened and Ember peaked into the room.

"Hi," Ember said a bit shyly as she walked into the room. King smiled seeing the female and looked at her. Ever since the disaster that had befallen her she had begun to live with King. However this did backfire a small bit as many of the citizens now believed that the two had become engaged, and while King liked the female he wasn't ready for something like that.

As Ember slowly walked towards King, he noticed that she was hiding something behind her back for some reason. "So what are you doing?" Ember asked as she walked up to the desk that was in front of him.

"Just doing some paperwork, most of it's pretty easy," King said as he looked at the female in front of him. Ember smiled and bit her lip a bit nervous.

"I uh . . . I made you something, b-but you have to close your eyes!" Ember said as she looked at the male in front of her. King nodded hearing this and closed his eyes as he began to wait patiently for Ember to tell him to open his eyes.

As he did Ember placed a small box on the desk in front of him opening it. "O-okay, you can open your eyes," Ember said as she looked at King. When she did King opened his eyes and looked around and spotted the small meal that Ember had made for him.

"You made me cookies?" King asked as he looked at the small treats in front of him, and Ember nodded.

"Y-yeah," Ember said her face heating up as she looked at the male in front of her.