Chapter 7: Tournament

P.O.V. Third

King smiled as he looked at the rather small arena in front of him. "It looks awesome," King said as he looked at the small arena in front of him.

"You flatter us your highness, but it was the best we could do on such short notice," Rain said as he looked at the male in front of him. "You say that but you all managed to make this in just a few hours. It's awesome, it looks like an official arena and everything," King said as he looked at the arena in front of him and Rain smiled before nodded. Rain then turned to look at the five figures that were behind him.

"Well then if it's all the same with you, I think it's time we got started. Would all of you please come closer," Rain asked as he looked at the figures in front of him. They all nodded hearing this and stepped into the arena and began to look at the purple haired male in front of him. Rain scanned over the small group in front of him to ensure that they were all there before he cleared his throat looking at the few in front of him.

"We'll be using standard tournament rules," Rain said as he looked at the figures in front of him. "The first rule is if you come into contact with any area outside the arena then you have lost. If you are knocked out or are knocked down and do not stand up by the time I count to ten then you have lost. If you forfeit a match, then you've lost," Rain said as he looked at the figures in front of him and Dillon raised his hand.

"I have a question," Dillon said as he looked at the male and Rain nodded as he looked at the male. "What if we knock each other out at the same time and neither of us gets up?" Dillon asked as he looked at the male in front of him.

"In that event then the match will be declared a draw and once both recover we will move onto another match with a new rule. During this time the first one to stand up on both feet and state the entire sentence "I'm the Champion" is declared the winner," Rain said as he looked at the child in front of him causing Dillon to nod.

"Now, unlike most tournaments we will permit the use of weapons and semblances. However, this is only because most of you are aspiring to become huntsmen and huntresses, and the use of protective body gear is banned," Rain began as he looked at the figures causing Ko to raise his hand and Rain to look at him.

"What if we can create protective gear with our semblance?" Ko asked as he looked at the figure in front of him.

"Not allowed, if you can produce weapons or any other various items that's fine. However protective gear is forbidden, the only exception to this rule is a shield or gauntlets. We have taken the liberty to provide each of you with a weapon of your choice," Rain said as he gestured to the weapon racks located outside of the arena. "We also forbid hitting in the eyes, or in the groin. However, we will overlook these if they are done on accident. If so then the opponent must be given enough time to recover before the match can continue. Now, are there any questions?" Rain said as he looked at the figures in front of him.

After taking a few moments to ensure that no one was going to speak the male smiled. "Excellent, now then, to gauge your skills and other aspects that might have influenced the battle we will be having multiple battles to place all six of you accurately in the tournament. We will also be using the standard six-man tournament layout with the two winners of the last tournament being placed higher. Any questions?" Rain asked as he looked at the several figures in front of him causing them to all shake their head.

"Good, now then I want everyone but King and Vinnie to take a number," Rain said as he held up four folded up pieces of paper so that no one could see their number. Ko was the first to take a number with, Dillon following shortly behind him and Javon doing the same a moment later, and Ember taking hers last. "Now then everyone let me see your numbers," Rain said as he looked at them.