Chapter 6

Club

Khushi's mood was definitely not good, not anymore, after having a look at Arnav Singh Raizada, and that his presence in the same place as hers was enough for her senses to go haywire. She had attended the party as a distraction but little did she know that she was never destined for a peaceful evening that day.

She was still happy that he had not seen her yet, and she wished to remain that the same way.

Naina nudged her with a smirk not leaving her face, 'ASR ko dekhke hosh ud gaye kya?' (Have you lost your senses to ASR's charm?)

Khushi rolled her eyes to her friend's teasing looks and walked towards her group of friends who were waiting for them to join.

**************************

'Arnav, come on yaar. We are here to have some fun. Not to mourn about your loss today at the hospital.' Aman encouraged his friend, teasing him simultaneously.

'Its not about victory or defeat Aman. Its just that how dare she question me!' He whined.

'Leave it Arnav. Please dont spoil my mood too. You are getting married to her in a few days and these little things are going to be common hereafter', Aman said without realising that he had slipped hints.

'What? Why will I get married to her?' Arnav questioned back, with a frown clearly visible on his face.

Aman instantly realised the slip of tongue and tried to cover it up. 'I... I meant you are getting married anyway. May be that girl would be rebellious like her. Who knows! I just want you to get used to all these', he said hoping against hope that Arnav did not doubt him.

Arnav's mind was already clouded about the girl he met in the morning and hence he did not ponder much on Aman's comments.

Aman gulped few more drinks before he joined the dance floor, leaving Arnav alone much to his displeasure.

Arnav was into his drinks, having a look at Aman simultaneously when his gaze fell upon a couple standing far, arguing over something. All he could make out was the girl was yelling at the guy while he stood glaring at her. After few minutes of fight, the girl threw a sarcastic look at the guy and left him, who seemed dejected. He called out to her but she stormed out of the club disregarding his numerous pleads.

Arnav's feet dragged him towards the guy who was gulping drinks one after the other, with frustration clearly visible on his face. He placed a hand on his shoulder only for the guy to look back at him in severe pain that was very much palpable in his eyes.

'Love failure?' Arnav asked with a glint of sarcasm in his tone.

The guy scrunched his eyebrows to take a proper look at the person before sighing in grief.

'Do I know you?' He asked.

'Apparently no. But I can see you are about to drown in your grief which is baseless. So why not take my help?' Arnav answered arching his eyebrows.

'Hi, I am Sid, and you are?', the guy forwarded his hand introducing himself.

Arnav did not complete the handshake but took his seat next to the guy before responding, 'Someone you dont need to know'.

Sid tried hard to open his drooping eyelids but failed miserably as the alcohol was masking his senses.

'She left me', Sid whimpered, after a pause, swallowing the liquid continuously.

'Thats no surprise', Arnav replied nonchalantly.

Sid gave him a weird look wondering what Arnav meant. Arnav chuckled at the guy's unasked question that was very much visible on his face and replied, 'Girls are good at betrayal'.