Do they return?

Assalamualaykum my beloved brothers and sisters,

There is none worthy of worship except Allah swt and Muhammad saw is the messenger of Allah swt.
When we lose something so precious and so close to our hearts, we begin to suffer and discover life's deepest realisation and struggles.
With life, we experience struggles and hardships and it hurts....really hurts. And at that very moment, you don't feel like yourself, you break down and that all times of happiness and goodness crumple into meaningless experiences. And it's human to feel pain, to feel sorrow and grief but how we compose ourself and how we manage ourself to handle it is what makes us different.
But nonetheless, we still feel out of place and so, after losing something so close to you, after not achieving what you had out your heart towards, we wonder and wonder......

Do they return?

And in fact, when you feel a sense of loss; is it permanent or just a means of achieving a higher purpose?

And as humans we wish for a brighter future, a rainbow after suffering unaware of the obstacles that are set to achieve just that.

And so, Is loss, as said my Yasmin Mogahed , the end itself or a temporary cure for our heart's ailments?
Is it the end or road to another motorway of suffering?

And despite all the suffering and struggles, all the heart ache and fried, there is in fact something quite amazing about this life.

The very same worldly attribute that causes us pain is also what gives us relief.

And so it doesn't last. That sadness and grief is temporary and doesn't last.

Much like a cherry blossom tree that will wither away one day, much like that rose that will die away.

And this idea that nothing will last tells us that our youth and young age will neglect us; We will become old one day.

Yet despite the negative imagery, there is in fact a brighter image, that in fact the sadness and grief we feel today will change tomorrow.

It will, like the tree and youth, die.

The pain will die.

And equally, Mine and your happiness and laughter won't last forever- nor will our tears, nor will our sorrow and regret.

And you know how it goes "life isn't perfect"?

It isn't.

It isn't perfectly good...neither is it perfectly bad either.

And as mentioned in the glorious Quran

"Verily with every hardship comes ease" 94:5

Growing up I think I understood this ayah wrongly, that after a whole load of sadness will come a whole load of happiness which was moreover convincing when I had heard in a nasheed "after every rainfall must come a rainbow".

And from then, I knew I was perfectly (see how wrong I was) right, when in fact I was wrong.

The ayah is saying that with every little hardship, not matter how awful or small, will bring with it ease.

That in fact hardships that you have experienced have ease that comes out of it.

And as we have concluded that nothing in this universe is perfectly bad or completely good, hardships are not perfectly bad or perfectly good.

Nothing in life, especially hardships are never all bad or all good. In every bad situation you are in there is always something to be grateful for, something to smile about, something that will make you stand up back into your feet.

With hardship... Allah swt gives us the strength and patience to bear it.

And I have mentioned this quite briefly in my other book but to reiterate, perfection is for the afterlife.

Jannah is perfectly good and similarly, jahannam is perfectly bad and where we lead ourself is on our own account.

And so we need to understand, that when that thing left you, when them results didn't come the way you wanted them to, we are coming to terms with an ease despite the hardship.

For indeed Allah swt does not give human a burden more than it can bear.

And so at that Very moment when we feel consumed by our emotions, that our sorrow has transformed the whole world and everything in it including the universe, into a negative state, we feel as though there isn't anything worse than this.

This begins to replace our context, because it begins replace our entire vision of the world and that feeling replaces defines and becomes everything, past and present all into one experiential moment.

And after that time of suffering has finally ended, we begin to recover, the bad experiences no longer defines us.

And that is through the mercy and grace of ALLLAH swt.

In the understanding that nothing is Kamil (complete) Allah swt enables us to step out of moments and see them for what the are; not universes, not reality, past and present, just that - a single moment in a string of infinite moments... And that they shall too pass.

Whenever we cry, or lose or bruise, as long as we are alive, nothing is ultimate. So long as there is a tomorrow, there is a next moment, there is hope, there is change, and there is a chance of redemption.

What is lost is not lost forever.

To be continued.....