13.) * Close Calls... *

Start from the beginning

Dakota gives me this look like, Are you okay, because you weren't acting like it...

I scattered around, looking at all the rides. "Can we ride the Ferris wheel, first?" I asked, pointing up at the red and blue wheel, like 50 feet tall. "Sure, El..." Dakota chuckles, as I jump up and down. I cheer, as we get into line. Just before we get on, I smell that scent. Ignoring it, I strap myself into the yellow metal seat, next to Dakota.

He had brought a bag popcorn, and stuffed his mouth. The man who ran it, told us the rules.. "Keep all limbs inside the seat, no unstrapping the seatbelts...Blahblahblah..." He yawned, and pushed the switch down. The big Ferris wheel started moving, and I felt like a kid again. I haven't rode a Ferris wheel since my mom and dad were alive.

Just thinking about them made me tear up. I batted my eyes, keeping the tears in my eyes. Dakota must have noticed, because he put his arm around me. Tearsure started yipping and yapping with excitement. I couldn't help but lean into him. I felt comfortable with him...

He looked down at me, and looked up. His eyes flashed with sweet innocence, and his eyes flickered to my lips. I could kiss him... But, I won't...even if his lips looked so soft and inviting...- WHOA no... I can't, he has a mate... I'm just a rogue... A nobody in this big sea of somebodies... He bit his bottom lip, as he leaned down to my level.

His lips were inches away, from catching mine... I relaxed, and leaned into him, he caught me in his trance... Just as his lips grazed mine, a voice stopped us...

"Uh...the ride is over..." I froze, and Dakota sat up. "O..oh right..." I said, unstrapping the belt from around my waist. Dakota did the same, and I jumped from my seat.

"Awkward..." Treasure chirped.

I shooed her away, as Dakota made some space between us. I sighed, and looked around. I stopped looking around, and spotted another fast paced ride. "What about that?" I asked, as Dakota grabbed a handful of popcorn. He smiled, "Let's get in line" He grabbed my hand, and started blushing. .

He tightened his grip, and walked into the short line. He threw away the empty popcorn bag in the nearest garbage disposal, and walked back into line. I liked spending time with Dakota, he's so much fun. NorthStar is the best place I'd want to be...

Dakota guided me to a vacant seat, and sat there. A blonde girl came around, and made sure that we were buckled in right. She gave Dakota more attention, than anyone. She had given me a nasty scowl, and the ride started. It started slow, and began to climb this high height. I closed my eyes, and clinged to Dakota's arm.

The coaster stopped, and I opened my eyes... But, then, it dropped down the tracks. I scream along with a couple of teenage girls behind us. My arms were still clinging to Dakota's arm, and he was just laughing at me. I glared at him, as the roller coaster kept doing over small hills. The wind brushed my flustered skin, as Dakota tries to catch his breath.

After that ride, I was ready to go back home and sleep.

"I had fun..." I told Dakota, as we entered my room. "Me too, you are so funny!" Dakota clutched his stomach, as he laughed. I growled, and crawled into the comfy big bed. "Goodnight, Ellis..." I heard Dakota whisper, before leaving my room....

--------------------

Whose scent did Ellis smell...could it be someone from her past? I hope you liked this chapter... Dakota had a fight with Essence, because she thought he was sleeping with Ellis... Will Essence break up her relationship with Dakota because of Ellis..? Will Essence try to get the Alphas to kick Ellis kicked out? Probably...

Will Dakota fall in love with Ellis, on accident? Will Quinn and Raleigh come back for Ellis...? Will she want to come back?

- PandaDeluxxxe. XoXo.