Chapter 23: Hah, I win.

Y/n's pov

It's currently 9:59 pm, and I'm just waiting to burst into Levi's office right when the clock strikes 10. I don't have anything better to do, and I've been standing here for about 10 minutes. I know, right? 

I could've at least hung out with Hanji or the other girls but I don't like socializing... 

"Here we go." I murmured to myself as the clock finally struck 10. I opened the door, and it was surprisingly unlocked, walking over to Levi's desk. "Right on time." He said, looking up at me from his chair. I made my over to the chair in front of him and sat down, grabbing a pen. "So, what do I need to do now?"

"Just fill out papers and write your signature at the bottom." He said, grabbing a stack of papers from his shelf. "Jeez, why are there so much Levi?" He shrugged. "Because Erwin's lazy to fill them out himself so he just gave them to me." Sighing, I started filling out the papers as fast as I could so I could finish first. "Slow down, you're gonna mess up."

"I think I'm able to sign my own signature without messing up Levi."

"Tch." He said, continuing to glance at me to make sure I don't fuck up. I shook the pen, raising my eyebrow. "Levi, does this pen even have ink?"

"Let me see." He grabbed the pen, twisting every part off until everything was apart. "Use my pen." He gave me the pen and grabbed another one, continuing to fill out papers. 

Jeez, so boring. I rummaged through his mini fridge and looked around, spotting two beer bottles in the back. "Oh?" I said, grabbing the two bottles as I set them down on his desk. He flinched, leaning back in his chair as he looked up at me.

"What... Where did you find those?" He asked, hiding his bottle opener with his sleeve. I tugged his arm away, snatching the opener with my hand. "In your mini fridge." I smirked, opening both of them as I took two big gulps of my beer. "You want or no?" I asked him.

He sighed, taking the other beer bottle as he took a few sips. "See? Isn't it nice to loosen up a little?" He shrugged, playing around with his bottle. "I guess. I hate beer though."

I raised an eyebrow, "Then why the hell do you have bottles of beer inside?" Levi shrugged, "Maybe Hanji snuck them in there, I don't know."

"You know, we should drink together more often. You know, have a few shots together?" I smirked, taking another big gulp as I let out an exhale. "Then watch, one of us will get drunk before the other." I agreed, "That's the point, dummy. You do have to loosen up Levi. It's only once in a while where we get to relax, you know? We're still young and alive, why not enjoy it?"

"Yeah, you're right. I should loosen up." I raised my bottle in the air. "I know I'm right. Now come on, let's put these papers on the side and let's drink." He chuckled, drinking his beer. "Levi, you got more drinks?" He nodded, walking over to a closet. 

"Yeah." He opened the closet and revealed stacks of alcohol drinks stacked by rows and columns. "Whoa... I never knew you were a drinker." He popped open a bottle of wine and grabbed two glasses, filling them both up to the top. 

"Cheers, to you for telling me what's wrong and what's right. I'm grateful for that."

"No, no, no. Cheers, to you for staying by my side. I don't know what my life would've been without you. And, now we're here. In your office, supposedly doing paperwork, instead we're just drinking." I laughed, clinking our glasses together as we drank the whole thing. "I guess you want a refill?" I nodded. "Thanks Levi."

"For what?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "For making me smile." I smiled, hearing a surprised sound from him.

A couple minutes later, Levi and I had just been drinking and talking, nothing much. It was about 12 am I believe, and I think we forgot about the paperwork we had to do for Erwin.