Hold Me Tight • Bryles

Start from the beginning

"Don't even get me started" I chuckle slightly, ironically. "We haven't spoken to each other in two weeks or so... I'm starting to feel like we won't ever get back together, I don't know if we'll even be friends anymore..."

"But... do you still love him?"

"Yeah I do, but at the same time I hate him for what he said..."

"You have him for what he said...or for the fact that he didn't fight for you?"

I look at Shelby. Maybe she is right. Maybe I was expecting him to fight for me, and show me he still loved me.

"Okay, maybe you're right, but don't you think I have all the rights to hate him? Okay? Maybe I said what I said about breaking up being the best decision, but I don't mean what I say all the time. When I told him to leave, I was internally begging for him to come back and hold me tight. To tell me he wasn't going anywhere because he loved me way too much. Everytime I said I didn't care, I cared more than I ever wanted to admit. And yeah, the reason why I hate him right now is because of that, but the reason why I love him is not one, but a hundred."

"Aww that's so cute! Girl you're so in love with him" Shelby laughs. I'm not mad at her for laughing though, I mean she is the goofy kind of person, and I respect her the way she is. Some people would call her childish or immature, but I know her. And I know she wants to try and break the ice, and make me laugh.

"I'm serious" I giggle.

"Forget about it right now, let's order. And no more boys for the rest of the night!" Shelby jokes.

"Deal." I smile.

---

Two hours later, we finish our dinner. The food was delicious, I just think the shrimps we're a bit too salty. I'm walking Shelby home right now, since her house is near the restaurant. It's not raining, but it's dark.

"Bye pretty face, thanks for this amazing dinner" I joke, hugging her one last time. She walks inside home and I turn around. The streets are so empty and silent. And also so dark. I kind of feel scared, but I'm fine, my car's nearby.

I walk like seven steps, when I see a guy behind me. This guy has a weird face. He seems to be drunk, since his steps aren't straight. I look at his eyes, and those are staring back at me.

Disturbed and scared, I walk faster. I turn to the left, and try to dodge him, so he stops walking towards me, but I look back and realise he's walking faster.

My heart starts beating faster, and my breathing gets heavier. I soon realise that I'm lost. I have no f*cking idea where my car is, and all these houses seem to be the same under the dark.

I start panicking and grab my phone to call someone, but as soon as I try to type anything, my phone dies.

"Shit shit shit" I miserably mumble. I get to a crossing, and at my left I see two guys walking down the street. Happiness and relief rush through my body, but when I look better at them, I see they look just like the psychopath that is chasing me. And that's when I start to run. I run down the road. I turn to the right, run more, turn to the left, run again, and turn to the right. I run once more, but then I realise there's no way out.

I try to run away from that street, but I find myself cornered when I see the three guys walking closer, and closer. My breathing gets faster. This is it, they are either going to kidnap, or rape me.

"Hey hottie, what are you doing here all by yourself?" One of the perverteds speaks up.

I feel tears running down my cheeks, as I walk backwards "I..I can give you all the money you want but please don't hurt me, please" I beg them desperately, in hope they'll accept it.