The encounter

posted: September 28 2019

edited: October 14, 2022

'Dad, where are you' I thought as I rushed all over the workplace. My speed picked up suddenly I bumped into a chest I assume to be males. "I'm sorry sir I wasn't looking where I was going, I'm actually looking for my fath- George Washington do you know where he is" I say as I look up to be met with a pair of brown eyes.

"Y-yes miss follow me" the kind gentleman said snapping back in reality as he started walking. I quickly followed. "By the way I am Aaron Burr." "I'm (y/n) (l/n)" I say thinking of the first name to come to mind, we arrived at a pair of brown doors, Aaron open one of them holding his hand out for me to come in.

"Look when Briton taxes our tea we got frisky. Imagine what will happen when you try to tax our whiskey" a male's voice said.

"Thank you, Secretary Jefferson. Secretary Hamilton, your response" dad voice said. I look over to where the voice had come from to lay my eyes onto my dad who stood straight keeping his clam composer "Thomas, that was a real nice declaration. Welcome to the present, we're running a real nation. Would you like to join us or stay mellow!" Another male's voice said, who I assume was Hamilton I look over to him, he was short with long black and a green over coat. "Doin' whatever the hell it is you do in Monticello? If we assume the debts, the union gets a new line of credit, a financial diuretic" Hamilton says taking a breath of air I rush over to my father without interrupting the show going on going around so no one would see me.

"Dad" I whispered loud enough for him to hear before coming to his side. "How do you not get it? If we're aggressive and competitive. The union gets a boost. You'd rather give it a sedative?" Hamilton ranted on as burr walked up to me standing by me "A civics lesson from a slaver. Hey, neighbor your debts are paid cuz you don't pay for labor 'We plant seeds in the South. We create.' Yeah, keep ranting We know who's really doing the planting" the crowd "ooohed" and "booed" and him

"What's going on" I mummer to burr. "You see the gremlin" he says pointing to the short male. "That's Alexander and he wants a bank, and the two over our against his plan." Burr explains pointing around "And another thing, Mr. Age of Enlightenment don't lecture me about the war, you didn't fight in it you think I'm frightened of you, man? We almost died in the trench while you were off getting high with the French!" Alexander said. "Thomas Jefferson, always hesitant with the President reticent—there isn't a plan he doesn't jettison. Madison, you're mad as a hatter, son, take your medicine Damn, you're in worse shape than the national debt is in!" I turned to my father. "aren't you going to stop this" I way Dad just shakes his head. "Sittin' there useless as two shits. Hey, turn around, bend over, I'll show you where my shoe fits!" "Excuse me?" My father yelled out. "Madison, Jefferson, take a walk! Hamilton, take a walk! We'll reconvene after a brief recess. Hamilton!"

"Sir"

"A word" dad says as he walks away. "You don't have the votes!" the other two males said coming closer to Hamilton "Aha-ha-ha-ha!" the taller male said wearing a bright pinkish purple jacket said. "You're gonna need congressional approval and you don't have the votes" they both say. "Such a blunder sometimes it makes me wonder why I even bring the thunder?" The taller one said putting his hand on his chest "Why he even brings the thu-" the smaller guy in a baby blue coat said "can you guys shut up" I say as I rub my head in annoyance. "Nobody won so I wouldn't talk" i say staring at both males. "Are you on his side" he taller one said as the short male nodded along "no, I'm not on anyone's side but my own" I say crossing my arms "so you're open to joining one" the taller oner purred. "Still no" I groan before turning my heel to head toward my father's office.