Happier (Sonic x Reader)

Okay so I'm not really a big fan of Ed Sheeran but I do kinda like this song (pls don't judge) Anyway this is gonna be really bad so just know that I warned you. I encourage u to listen to the vid but hey I can't force y'all to do anything.

Walking down 29th and Park

I saw you in another's arms

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier

Sonic had been walking around the city waiting for Saitama to appear. You two had recently broken up and he couldn't get you out of his head. You were his first girlfriend and he messed up your guy's relationship...badly. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw you talking to a brunette who had his arm wrapped around you. Without you noticing he started walking in the other direction. But there was some feeling that he couldn't shake. He quickly turned around and started secretly following you.

Saw you walk inside a bar

He said something to make you laugh

I saw that both of your smiles were twice as wide as ours

Yeah, you look happier you do

The ravenette stopped following you when he saw you enter a nice looking bar. He decided to stop following following you and went home. The last thing he remembered seeing was you sweet face lighting up when you talked to the guy.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody love you like I do

I promise that I will not take it personal baby

If your moving on with someone new

Sonic wanted to be mad that you were moving on so quickly but he wasn't mad. Not at all. He was mad at himself. After all it was all his fault that you two separated.

*Flashback*

Sonic was going to meet one of his old friends that he made from his ninja village. The two decided to meet up at a local cafe. He was supposed to introduce you to her but you had a work emergency. So it was just going to be him and her. Alone. For hours. The thought hadn't really crossed your mind, I mean they were just friends and you knew that Sonic would never do anything to hurt you. Right? 

You came home expecting to see your ninja boyfriend cooking dinner. Little did you know that opening that door would cause you to feel the biggest heartbreak of your life. You opened the door to find a black haired girl making out with your boyfriend. Sonic was sitting on the sofa with some girl on top of him who you assumed to be his so called "friend". She pulled away smirking while Sonic wore a guilty expression.

"See Sonic didn't I tell you that would be fun?" she teased. He didn't respond.

"S-Sonic?" you said with your voice breaking and tears forming in your eyes. The second he heard your voice he pushed the girl off of him causing er to fall on the ground.

"Ow! What the hell Sonic? You didn't have to push me off of you." she spat. Then her attention turned to you. She got up and continued to talk. "Oh so this must be (Y/N).  Sonic has told me so much about you. Well I hate to break it to you hun but he's mine now. So back off." she said with so much confidence. You didn't say anything but the pain you felt was visible. Tears continued to spill from your eyes. You just stomped over to her and pushed her to the ground. Then You went over to Sonic.

"(Y/N)-" before he could continue you slapped him across the face. Hard.

After that you ran out of the apartment.

*Flashback Ends*

'Cause baby you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'll feel it too

And until then I'll smile and  hide the truth

But I know I was happier with you

It's been weeks now and Sonic always felt the need to be with you.

Sat in the corner of the room

Everything's reminding me of you

Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier aren't you

Aren't you?

Here he was now. Sonic was sitting on the floor with his back pressed against the wall of his secret hideout. Right next to him was an empty bottle of whiskey.

"GOD DAMMIT!" he screamed the smashed the bottle. He grabbed his hair out of frustration. He missed the way things used to be. But more importantly he missed you.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody need you like I do

I know that there's others that deserve you

But my darling, I am still in love with you

But I guess you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'll feel it too

I could try and smile to hide the truth

I know I was happier with you

Now you are alone. Walking through the empty park by yourself. Sonic was about to leave you alone for good. Right before he left you sat down on a bench. You reached into your pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. It was a photo of you and Sonic at the carnival. Tears started falling down your face. But your friend from earlier had just came. He started comforting you with hugs. And before you could say anything he kissed you. To Sonic that was heartbreaking but since you have been feeling so alone you kissed back.

Baby, you look happier you do

I knew one day you'd fall for someone new

But if he breaks you heart like lovers do

Just know I'll be waiting here for you

pffff I am a terrible writer. Well I gotta go. My ramen isn't gonna eat itself. Later y'all