Chapter 2

TW: Homophobic Slurs

Once Edith had calmed down Ivy set her down on her sofa and sat next to her.

"Were you confused when you crossed the barrier and suddenly everything was very large?"

"Yeah. I was scared, I didn't know what was going on."

"Why did you cross the barrier? It's meant to scare you, humans, off."

"Well um... That was the super dark part of the forest and I figured I have nothing to lose anymore so I just kept going."

"Also how did you hurt your arm?"

"I tore it on your rose bush and I tripped and hit my head on a rock."

Ivy stood up suddenly and grabbed Edith. She put Edith into her breast pocket and started moving around. Edith heard the door open.

"Hi, Elysia!" Ivy said. "How was work?

"It was fine. Zak is coming over later for a movie" A voice said.

"Oh. That's fine I'll be in my room if you need me.

Ivy moved down the hall and into her room locking the door behind her. She gently picked up Edith out of her pocket and set her down on her pillow. Edith was crying and shaking out of fear.

"I am so so sorry Edith. I didn't mean to scare you. My roommate, Elysia, Came home though and she was unlocking the door. I don't know how she would react to you. I don't hang out with her all too much so I don't really know her."

Edith was continuing to cry she was curled up in a ball on Ivy's pillow. Edith heard the door open and shut Ivy had left. She knew that Ivy hadn't meant anything by grabbing her and was just trying to protect her but it still had scared her. She heard the door open and close again and Ivy came back holding something.

"Here this will help you feel better," Ivy said gently.

Edith took the object from Ivy's hands. It was a thimble full of water. Edith drank and her crying calmed down she could think more clearly and she felt better.

"Thank you." Edith said shyly.

"I am really sorry I grabbed you like that. I never would want to scare you."

"It's fine," Edith said.

"No. No, it's really not. Please forgive me."

"I forgive you." Edith smiled. "Who is Zak?"

"Zak is Elysia's boyfriend he's honestly really a jerk and homophobic.

"I don't think I want to run into him..."

"You really don't," Ivy said while frowning.

They sat in silence for a bit.

"Did you see my bag when you found me?" Edith asked

"Um... No, but we can go check in my garden. You will have to go in my pocket again though."

"That's fine I have some important things in that bag."

Ivy gently lifted Edith off her bed and put her back in her breast pocket. She unlocked her bedroom door and went into the living room. She stopped.

"Hey, dyke" Edith heard a male voice say to Ivy. It must be Zak, she thought to herself.