𝟬𝟬𝟵 drink the poison, die!

CHAPTER NINE: DRINK THE POISON, DIE!

      The sound caused by Cordelia's hand connecting with Reiji's cheek echoed throughout the room

      The sound caused by Cordelia's hand connecting with Reiji's cheek echoed throughout the room. The vampire let out a whimper as his face burned with a stinging sensation.

      "Now, now. Please, let's stop fighting," said Laito, smiling despite the horrible situation. His hand was intertwined with Izumi's, hiding the gesture behind his back. "Let's not forget that we are family."

      "Laito," Cordelia acknowledged her first son.

      "I thought the next time I'd see you would be in hell," the brown-haired man commented.

      Cordelia smiled, peering over at the crimson-eyed girl out of the corner of her eye. "I'm sorry I didn't live up to your expectations."

      "No need to apologize, it's better than I expected."

      "But Izumi, you've really exceeded my expectations," Cordelia nodded, her lips stretching into a smile. "I can see from here how Laito clings to your hand, and I can only say that you are just like me."

      Izumi looked at her. It was Yui's body, but Cordelia's emerald eyes glowed as brightly as the embers of a fire with no intention of dying out. The smile she gave her was laden with mockery, mischief, and arrogance. The vampiress hissed under her breath.

      She freed herself from Laito's grip and flexed her legs, ready to leap at the woman. However, Kanato grabbed her by the forearm and forced her to retreat back to her previous spot. Izumi glanced at the purple-haired boy before looking at the brunette, who shook his head almost imperceptibly before wrapping his arm around her waist to make sure she didn't try to do anything risky again.

      The siblings knew their mother too well, knew how she acted. Cordelia would provoke them to exhaustion, looking for them to give her a reason to finish them off. Although Izumi knew her methods, her temperament was too impulsive. Perhaps it was due to all the time she had spent together with Ayato when she was younger. Regardless of the reason behind her behavior, there was no doubt that it would play against them if they allowed her to get away with it.