Chapter 6: Crush Booth

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What the f*ck?" he cussed.

"Ano ka ba, Dylan? It's for our grade."

"I can get high grades without joining that booth," he said.

Napaismid ako. "Edi ikaw na matalino," bulong ko. Muli ko siyang tiningnan ng seryoso. "Ikaw 'yun, Dylan. Paano naman kami na hindi katalinuhan? Don't you care about us?" pangongonsensya ko sa kanya. "At saka, kapag exam hindi mo naman ako tinutulungan―"

"You mean pinapakopya," he corrected me.

"Uh, parang ganun na nga."

"Tss! You know that cheating is not my style."

"Kahit na." Ngumuso ako. "Ibigsabihin kapag bumagsak ako hindi mo rin naman ako matutulungan. I thought we're best friends?"

"You're being dramatic, Demi. I said I don't want."

"Why don't you want to attend our booth? You'll just take a picture with your admirers and answer all their questions! Besides, it's your time to shine! They will know who you are."

"Nah."

"Come on, Dylan! I thought you want to be famous? Then you need to be friendly. Love all your supporters if you don't want them to leave you behind. You can never reach your dream without them." He just looked away while I was nagging him. "Dylan, do you understand me?"

He brought his stare back at me and just said, "Yeah," in a dull voice.

Napailing nalang ako sa kanya at tinulak siya papasok sa kwarto niya. "Dali na, mag-ayos ka na."

"Then get out of my room, senyorita." He cocked his brow at me. Napagtanto ko naman ang ibig niyang sabihin.

"Oops! Sorry." Mabilis na lumabas ako ng kwarto niya at hinintay siya na matapos.

Hay! Nakumbinsi rin!

Nilisan namin ang bahay nila na tadtad ako ng text messages mula kay Ms. President. Mag-uumpisa na raw ang booth pero wala pa kaming dalawa ni Dylan. I was sure that they would have started already when we got there.

Ang sama ng tingin sa amin ni Ms. President nang makarating kami. All the booths that were prepared by different sections of third and four year level was already going but our section was dumbfounded, waiting for me and Dylan. The booths were presented in the wide covered court of the school.

"Pumwesto na kayo roon," masungit na sabi sa amin ni Ms. President. Binigyan niya kami ni Dylan ng tig-isang copy ng form na fifill-up-an ng mga customers namin.

There were choices there to whom the customer wanted to take a picture with and there were different prices there. It depends on the type of pose they want:

Standing together - 20 pesos
Holding hands - 30 pesos
Crush's arm over your shoulder - 50 pesos
Hugging - 70 pesos

Note:
1. Those choices are only for girl costumers.
2. 1 print only.

Special Offer:
Picture with all the campus crushes - 100 pesos
Request your crush - 100 pesos

Napakagat ako sa labi ko dahil sa pagpipigil ng tawa habang binabasa ko ang form. The good thing was those choices of poses were only for girl customers, while the boy customers could only take a picture with us (Dyna, Kira, and me) without pose requirements, only together on the picture. Furthermore, Q and A portion only needed five pesos every question to individual. Rude questions were not allowed.

What my classmates did was they made a small stage and put six tool bar style of chairs there, where the campus crushes would sit on. There was a sign "Crush Booth" on the top of the red background of the stage. I was very excited to know the result of our booth. This would be laughable.