Chapter 187 - Consciousness Inside & Out

Puck felt so much more 'together' when he was wearing his war-suit undergarment. This shimmering body-hugging gunmetal suit barely covered his nudity and sat upon him like a silvery second skin. The Fey use them for protection, concealment and containment.

For it is that the immortals' sense of consciousness is so expansive that it reaches far past their own body's perimeters. 

If you were to ask a man where he is, he would point to himself.  If you ask him where he thinks from, he would point to his head. If you ask him where he loves from, he would point to his heart.

If you asked the same from an immortal they would tell you that their being is everywhere, and that their thinking travels to the person or place or thing that they are thinking of at that time.

Their awareness is far-reaching, comprehensive and sensitive to that which they engage with. And as for their love - it resides with that which they love. They feel their love in the beings of others.

And so, when the Fey need to be more alike to mortals and focused upon themselves, they slip into their war-suits. 

Puck also resumed his real height of six foot eleven inches. He now stood out from the crowds, dwarfing practically everyone on the street around him. They kept their distance and it psyched him to walk tall. Nevertheless to say, his war- suit was a one-size-fits-all.

He had not the time for the usual grooming and his hair was now at waist length, worn as a thick braid pulled back, fastened at the bottom with one of Charley's pink elastics.

His street clothes bore a strong resemblance to Neo - black with a tailored long coat, dark glasses, and well-polished boots. He kept telling himself that he wanted to look his best for Marley when she saw him next - and this he did well.