Let's remove the space between me and you

I stood like a statue at my place. It was hard to believe that someone was calling. My hearbeats had paced up. I felt unfamiliar butterflies of felicity over myself.

Kevin was as alarmed as I was, his face showed it. He didn't move from the threshold. His gaze was fixed on to me. I looked into his eyes too and it was like we had a conversation without any words because we both ran at the same time towards the phone.

I didn't notice when it stopped ringing and I could not even stop myself from running because of my speed and bumped so hard into Kevin that we both were on the floor in the next moment. This was an awkward position, I was on the top of Kevin and my hands were touching the floor caging him.

Kevin's eyes were fixated on mine with an intrigued expression. None of us moved before I cleared my throat and stood up.

"Somebody called us." I said whilst trying to avoid his gaze and finally speaking the words which were previously understood through eyes.

Kevin rolled his eyes and I realised how stupid I sounded. He has ears, he heard it ring too. There was no time for our usual arguments so I turned around and took his phone. It was an unknown number. Before I could do anything else, Kevin snatched his phone away.

"What?" I hissed.

"If you didn't notice, this is my phone and not yours to touch." he said cockily.

Seriously, Could someone say that we just experienced a series of serious confessions and emotions but here he was, being Kevin.

"It stopped ringing, don't waste time, call back right now." I said hurriedly.

Kevin opened his mouth to say something but then chose not to and nodded in my direction. He called back as I watched with a curious expression.

Every second felt like eternity now. My insides screaming 'pick up!' and Kevin's brows creased too.

"Hello!" Kevin finally spoke up and I felt drums beating inside me, maybe it was because of the headache I had developed but I didn't care now.

I stood closer to him to try to listen to the person on the other side but I could not.

"Yes, I am." Kevin said.

What was he speaking about, I wanted to know.

"We are in Roehampton," He said.

My eyes widened, somebody might be here. This was all crazy, there are other people too, hopes built up inside me.

"Okay, Right now? Yes, I'll be there." Kevin spoke and hung up. I watched him with curiousity filled expectant eyes.

He looked at me seriously before a smile found its way to his face.

"There's somebody else here, they say that they heard my message and that we are not alone. They will meet us at that radio station building." Kevin beamed, the whole atmosphere had changed, ten minutes ago I had slapped Kevin and here he was grinning like a fool.

"They? There are others?" I asked.

"No, He only mentioned himself." Kevin said trying to remember.

"He? So It's a guy? You asked his name?" I poured in some more questions.

Kevin hushed me. "It doesn't matter what his name is, what matters is that we finally will see somebody else's face other than each other. He might have his own theory on why all this area is deserted." Kevin smiled.

I nodded though I knew I would not be fully satisfied till I meet that person.

"So he's here, in this town,right now?" I asked.

"Stop asking questions, let's go." Kevin said excitedly.

"He's not going to run away if we don't go." I said finally feeling that I was returning to my usual self, maybe the drama was short-lived.

"I hope he doesn't so let's go." Kevin said again.

I nodded and stepped forward when I remembered how I was looking. My little white dress felt uncomfortable and cold, my hair was naturally dried and not once did I run a brush through it and I was wearing black converse. I cried sometime ago, my face was probably pinkish. I can't go and meet someone like that in regular circumstances but then I remembered, nothing has been regular since some time now. Whoever he is, I don't have to impress him and so I strode forward.

I followed Kevin to his car and jumped into the passenger's seat. The street glowed because it just rained, the air was much cooler and made me shiver considering it was night time now.

I sneezed, I might fall sick now. My brain screamed at me for brainlessly dancing in the rain.

The drive had to be short, there was nobody on roads and Kevin was driving recklessly.

"Aren't you going now?" I suddenly asked surprising both of us.

Kevin's brows scrunched as he lost himself in some deep thought and then finally snapped out of it.

"I guess, no." He said without any emotions.

"Okay, Thanks." I said pausing after a bit.

He didn't say anything probably avoiding the topic.

I drew in a deep breath and thought about the person we were going to meet. What will he be like? Would we explain our crazy appearances to him. Was he older than us? So many questions!

In about fifteen minutes we reached the building. I was excited to meet someone I didn't knew was an understatement, I was super excited.

We walked towards the building and there was no one in sight. Please be real, my mind screamed.

I looked at Kevin who also looked around the building but found nobody.

"He told me, he was here." Kevin said confusedly.

"Call him," I said getting crazier every passing second.

"Okay." Kevin nodded and pulled out his cell phone. He called that number and I waited.

"No signal here! I'll try catching the signal from inside." Kevin said and walked inside the building.

I became a stone when I suddenly heard 'Tonight' by Enrique Iglesias. It was a phone ringing right from behind me. That person was behind me. Kevin must've called him and he was here.

*******************

Note: Phew! This week was kind of crazy for me, ups and downs but here's the chapter for you. Hope you liked it? :P

This was short because I guess I will update on this Sunday too :D

I love the title ;)

Please comment/vote/fan/recommend! ;) Please do!

Silent readers...... tell me what you think please! :)

-Vrinda :)