Life's a rollercoaster ride!

Do you like thriller movies? This was a thriller movie moment for me. I didn't turn around at once because my feet were rigidified. The iris of my eye shifted to the left corner. The phone stopped ringing and because of the stillness of the atmosphere, I could hear steady breathing of someone. Yes, He was right behind me. Why was I not turning around? Was I way too excited that I got rooted to my spot? I slapped myself mentally. My conscience screamed 'Turn around Kaitlin, It's not going to be a serial killer because this isn't a movie.' Before I could turn around I felt a hand on my shoulder which stunned me.

A smooth and gentle voice reached my ears. "Excuse me," it said. I finally turned around and faced him. Billions of things crossed my mind at once. If what I was thinking was true, then my life would never be the same again. It couldn't to be true.

I was facing an extremely familiar pair of grey eyes. The hair was the same brown and messy. He was considerably taller than me, He had broad shoulders and he looked cute. There was nothing wrong about this description of a guy but there was something eerily wrong about it.

He looked at me with as much intensity as I was looking at him. 'Could it be possible?' my mind thought.

"Kaitlin!" I heard Kevin's voice. I turned to see him running towards us. He stopped when he came nearer. I saw him also looking at the other guy in an intriguing manner. He looked at me with wide eyes and I knew exactly what was going in his mind.

"It couldn't be him." I broke the ice and said in a weak voice.

Before Kevin could reply, I heard a new yet familiar voice speak, "I guess it is!"

Kevin looked at him too shocked to blurt out even a word.

"Ashton?" I hesitated in saying the name.

"Kaitlin!" He broke out into a wide smile and wrapped me around in a hug. Everything happened so fast that my mind couldn't register the what was happening.

This hug wasn't like he had always hugged me. This time he was taller and changed in a lot of ways. His voice wasn't the same either. His face was cute yet mature enough now.

Kevin stood right there, too dumbfounded to say anything. Ashton broke our hug, rather I'd say him embracing me tightly and me being a rigid stone. He turned towards Kevin and grinned.

Kevin looked like he'd seen a ghost. "Ash..Ashton... How are you not dead?" Kevin finally asked.

"That's not a really nice way to welcome anyone. I'm breathing and right in front of you, so very alive." Ashton said smirking and swirling around, he had totally changed.

"You know that's not what I meant! Tell me what happened?" Kevin asked seriously.

"Hey, Nothing much happened, I'll tell you some other time. It's funny how I found you both here, when I heard your message, never did it once cross my mind that this Kevin was you, you've changed." Ashton said smiling.

"You too have changed. A lot." I found myself speaking my thoughts.

Ashton's gaze shifted to me and he actually started checking me out. I felt embarrassed. I looked pretty bad at the moment and the dress which wasn't even mine to wear clung to my body.

A lopsided grin appeared on Ashton's face, "You always look beautiful even if it appears that a car ran over you."

I was too shocked to reply. Was that supposed to be sarcastic or was that a compliment?

Kevin's face showed uneasiness, he was still not accepting the fact that we had Ashton right here in physical form with us.

"Why do you both look so serious? Did someone die here?" Ashton asked rolling his eyes.

I looked at Kevin who in turn looked at me. Ironically this seriousness happened because of the Ashton's apparent demise discussion.

Ashton observed our little exchange of looks and raised an eye brow.

"Are you both now together? I mean together together?" Ashton asked widening his eyes and moving his hands in an animated manner.

"No!" Kevin and I said at the same time.

"Relax! It's not illegal to be together but if you're not, It's fine. Besides I knew Kaitlin would wait for me." Ashton smirked.

My eyes widened and my jaw hung open.

"Your face!" Ashton pointed his finger in my direction and clutched his stomach from the free hand whilst laughing hard.

The fury, passion and all emotions I had felt an hour ago came back in that instant.

"How can you just come back and pretend everything's normal. Nothing is normal! Look around, have you got any idea what is happening? Forget all this, Why did you just leave that day? Where did you go? Do you have any idea why I'm even looking like this? Do you know Kevin hated me because you suddenly decided to go away! How do you even have the guts to crack jokes before me!?" I shouted in an accusing voice.

Ashton looked taken aback and so did Kevin. I was satisfied that I could make an impact.

"I.. I'll explain. Right now, Let's go. I assume you're staying at some place and not wandering in streets." Ashton said trying to appear sincere.

Kevin nodded and we started moving towards the car.

Life is a rollercoaster and I was about to throw up.

*******************

Note: Actually there are moments when I don't feel like updating or writing but your messages make me update.

Thanks for reading!

If you liked it, then please tell me you did or vote!

Who do you think should be casted as Ashton?  

I had Kevin Zegers and Zac Efron in my mind but you're free to tell about anyone who fits.

-Vrinda