Damsel in Distress

I opened my eyes but did not move for about two minutes. I turned to the other side because I was too lazy to get up. My eyes met the sight of the cantankerous guy I've been dealing with for a week now. He was probably somewhere in slumberland and his visage blazoned so. He looked so peaceful and it made me smile. Maybe he wasn't what I always assumed he was. He was surely hard to understand but he was good at heart. It was still a mystery to me that why he acted so ruthless sometimes. Why couldn't he be true to himself?

I was wistfully thinking to myself and early morning was really the best time to do so. I never realised that I was in some thought so deep that though my eyes were fixated on him, my mind was elsewhere.

He had woken up and I didn't took any notice.

"Who is the psychopath killer now?" His first words of the morning shook me up from my reverie. I blushed out of embarassment. When I talk about blushing, you must know it isn't like every girl blushes,no colour reaches my cheeks and it's hard to detect if I'm blushing or not.Sometimes I hate this fact and pinch my cheeks hard to make them look rosy.

"I wasn't looking at you." I defended myself.

"Yeah, I know maybe your imaginary friend who was sitting beside me the other day was sleeping beside me today and you're definitely looking at her." He surprised me by saying so. I had said that to him while serving food.

"Maybe you're imaginary friend is in love with me." he said cockily.

"No don't flatter yourself,she doesn't have such a bad choice,she says she'd rather date a tree."i said playing along.

"Ouch!" he faked hurt. Tell her to go ahead, date a tree, I give my blessings to both her and Mr.Tree."He said with a smirk.

I smiled and got up. I went to the bathroom,brushed my teeth (Yes,i bring such things with me wherever i go. Who doesn't?) I went to the kitchen and searched for the items I needed.

"Coffee..Coffee, where are you?" I said in a rather comical sing song voice. Instead what I found was pure feast for my eyes. 'A colossal jar of chocolate chip cookies!!' I must've done something real good in my previous life to find this.

I could not find coffee but the things that did find were good enough for a chai. I feel like masterchef when I'm in kitchen.

I put all the breakfast, the cookies included on a tray and took it outside..Kevin was nowhere in sight. I checked the bathroom,the bedroom which I had never entered before and then went outside to look for him.He was not here. I went inside and ate alone.Where could he be? Gone for a walk? He should've atleast informed me before going anywhere. I ran to take my phone and was disappointed to see that my battery had drained. I quickly searched for my charger in my bag and found a plug. It took five minutes for my phone to switch on.Stupid box. There was no signal here. What should I do now? Why am I so bothered about him? He'll be here soon, I convinced myself.

I went to take a bath hoping he'd be back by the time I got ready. I spent half an hour in the bathroom and weird thoughts entered my mind. What if the owner of the house suddenly showed up? The panic that I had not felt a couple of days ago was finally here. I wore a full sleeved long green top and black jeans. I left my hair open to dry naturally.

Kevin hadn't yet returned from wherever he was. I took my phone which was charged enough to call now and stepped out of the house. I moved here and there locating a signal. "Found it!" I relaxed and beamed at the same time. I called him but he did not pick up mainly because his phone was switched off. Why do people keep phones when they have to keep it switched off.

I sighed and frown placed itself on.my face. "Where are you,Kevin?" I said as if he could hear me.

My breathing rate was increasing with every passing second. I was alone in a place that I didn't even know the name of and in somebody's home where electricity doesn't seem to be ever coming back. I had felt safe with Kevin but now the silence and eeriness bothered me. I decided to not go back inside until Kevin came. The weather was balmy. I guess I could sit on the front porch.

An hour has passed by and i was listening to 'Kids in love' by mayday parade right now.

Another hour might've passed. The song now playing through my i-pod was 'Say you like me' by We the kings. I could hear songs for hours but now I was in distress.

Why does his absence affect me so much. He was the guy I used to hate and I should be happy that he isn't bothering me. My insides screamed at me for lying, Maybe what bothers me really is when he doesn't bother me.

I needed to cry now, let it all out. I was scared and I admit it. I needed him right now.Doesn't he care even a little bit?

I probably sound like a love-sick puppy but I was pretty sure I wasn't in love with him, I never will be. I ran around some area near to the house while tears were brimming my eyes. I hate myself for becoming so weak. So what if he's not here, It's not like I'll die without him. I miss other people. Where is mom? Where are my friends?

I reached back at that house now after running. Secretly I hoped he was back now. I ran inside to find nobody. I felt miserable. Did he ditch me? Will he ever come back?

Is he gone like everyone else.

Oh my god! My thoughts might soon start haunting me. He needs to return.

More than three hours have passed ,No sign of Kevin.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Note: Sorry,short chapter!

Hope you're reading, yes you..I'm talking to you. Do comment to let me know how I can improve or simply if you like it, hate it.. :P

If you spot typos, let me know :)

-Vrinda :D