Chapter 15: Men Crying

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Let me go up there with you."

I smirked knowingly from his underlying protectiveness, "Don't worry, it's just a speech." 

"Ev,-" He started.

"She'll be fine boy, let her go." My father grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him beside him. 

Callum glared at both my father and I. But I had to do this on my own before he uttered a word to the pack.

With confident strides, I made my way up the stage and approached the front. A mic wasn't needed as we're all werewolves and could hear a pin drop in this crowd. 

The atmosphere was tense and everyone's eyes shifted from me to Callum and back again and it didn't make it any easier. But I had learned to become the center of attention a long time ago. 

"Blood Moon Pack," I called their attention as their piercing glares focused on me.

"Alpha." They all responded immediately. 

Well, at least there's some semblance of order. 

"On the night of the blood moon, I found my mate. I knew no knowledge of him or even who he was related to. When I brought him to Alpha Thane and Luna Emery, they discovered that he was, in fact, the son of Jake Cain and one our very own, Abigail." I stated as I a chorus of murmurs started up.

I lifted my palm in the air for silence and the chatter died down, "If you think we're going to assume what he's like or his current intentions because of his blood relation, then you're absolutely wrong. His father died before he was born and his mother died giving birth. He had no influence of either source of the pack's misery."

"Doesn't matter!"

"He's a Cain!"

"The son of our enemy!"

"How dare you let him into our pack!" These were just a few of the things I caught from the angry mob. 

"I understand your frustration. I admit that I had not trusted him at first and I still don't, but if I didn't give chances to anyone or if I judged anyone based on what their family did, then a lot of you wouldn't be in the pack today." I cut them off as I paced the stage and pointed out that a good few of them were the children of rogues that we took in and gave second chances to.  "It's certainly not our fault that we were paired as mates. If you want to question the Moon Goddess's decision, then that's on you."

"But don't question my decision on keeping my mate around. Everyone who has ever met their mate knows exactly how it feels to be with their other half. I didn't just wake up one day and decided he was the one like a puppy in a pet store. He is only one human against our entire pack. If we aren't able to protect ourselves from him, then you can question my leadership, but since he's been here, nothing fell apart. No one died." I emphasized. 

"Heard he tried to shoot you though," Bert called up.

Fucking Bert. 

"Trust me, if you were surrounded by a bunch of hunters with silver bullets, you'd shift and fight." I pointed out. "I'm not asking any one of you to just suck it up and accept him, because I don't expect that. But what I do expect is that the pack gives him a chance to show who he truly is and give him the chance to be our Máni. After all, he's part wolf too."

"And while I'm up here, I expect everyone to remember my position in this pack. As the Alpha, I would not have anyone ridicule me based on my sex or assume that a mate is going to get in the way of my duties. I've always put the pack first and I've proven myself beyond any other Alpha, which proves that I deserve to be here as much as any man. Make a note that equality is what our pack has always thrived on with an Alpha and Luna standing beside each other and ruling equally. Male or female, we can't run our pack to be as successful as it has without each other. If we discriminate based on gender, then we might as well be a bunch of savage rogues."