Chapter 16: Stuck

After 10 minutes of endless running, Y/Ns eyes turn their attention to a certain mall as they turn around another corner.

Her favorite mall.

"Hey wait!!! Stop!!" She alarms, yet he continues to run his fastest.

"HEY LISTEN TO ME!" She tries again, but receives no response.

Instead Namjoon grips her hand once more and turns to around the nearest corner, revealing an alley.

Suddenly his figure meets hers in an embrace

"H-Hey what are you-" "-Just go with it if you don't wanna get run over, literally." He voices out in a heavy breath.

Y/N quickly catches on, embracing the back of his neck, making it look as though they were making out.

The girls' feet could be heard rushing past the alley as the both of them stay as quiet as possible, keeping their faces out of sight.

You never know, they could've memorized his voice. Better safe than sorry, or worse.

While the crowd was still rushing past the alley(and lemme tell you there were a lot of girls), Y/Ns eyes meet the ones which were staring right back at her. Their eyes linger on each other's in silence as the last few people run past the alley

"You..." he starts

"I..what?" She asks, but is pushed away after Namjoons eyes avert from hers

"What was it you wanted to say earlier..?" He whispered in question, some irritation and stress evident in his voice

"Oh right! I have an idea! See that shopping center opposite this street?" She asks, pointing her index finger to her favorite mall where she always goes shopping.

Namjoon hesitantly nods his head and waits for her to continue, still not comprehending what she was trying to tell him

"I know that place inside out, we could run over there and find the best hiding place! This alley is wide open for everyone to see so.." She suggests, only to get shut down.

Namjoon furrows his eyebrows and scoffs, ridiculing the idea "That's an awful idea. They'd easily find us! It's a friggin mall!" He complains in irritation

"Yeah and it's big as hell! It has literally six floors, I don't know why but it does, and I know the perfect hiding spot!"

Namjoon crossed his arms in caution, poking his tongue on his inner lip "I don't know about this.." He hesitates

"Do you have a better idea? This alley is wide open and those "fans" are bound to find us again. Or even worse, a new flock of them could find us" Namjoon could feel the shivers in his spine at the thought of it.

"Fine, but if this goes wrong I'm filing a lawsuit stalker" he threatens.

Y/N simply huffs and makes her way towards the building wall on her right, peeking an eye out to see if the girls were still there

"Hey now's our chance! They're heading around the corner!!!" She alarms as she sees them heading towards the opposite corner. She quickly arches her fingers two times in his direction.

He then also stands to his feet after having crouched down from exhaustion and walks towards Y/Ns secretive figure.

She turns her head towards him "Let's go!" She exclaims and starts to sprint towards the desired destination.

Namjoon follows suit and they cross the street.

They were almost on the other side when a car could be heard honking after having stopped abruptly right in front of them.