My New Neighbor is a Hot Guitarist in a Band?chap 4

chap 4:lullaby

"The director yells cut but the camera's still rolling; this is my life, and you can't fast forward it!" I sang, dancing around in my room to Fame, Riches, Rehab Bitches by Jeffree Star and Breathe Carolina."You wanna stop, You wanna top all the charts. It's a wrap, it's a wrap, it's a-" I tripped over an unpacked box of books, and fell on my bed.

I was thanking God for making sure no one would see that.

We were moving out of the Jackson's in a couple days. I just needed to unpack my room, then I could safely call it mine. It was kind of weird thinking that we had lived in this town for a month and a half, and we were barely unpacking. But we did have to renovate the house.

The living room and kitchen had been completely finished downstairs. My mom just needed to start unpacking her room and bathroom, then we had to work on the guest bedroom, and we'd be done. I had finished painting the guest bedroom this morning, so the furniture was going to be put in tomorrow.

But even though we were moving back in, we still have a lot of work to do. The house needs to be repainted outside, the roof had a couple holes in it that we had to fix, the front lawn needed to be... massacred, and the backyard just needed a good mowing and new grass. Oh, and new windows were being installed right now downstairs. Oh! Remember the doorknob? We got that fixed too.

I bet you're wondering where we got all the money to fix this run down house right? Well we had dipped into my website money a little bit. I didn't mind. It was all just for me to spend when I got older anyway.

"Everything okay?" I looked up at the deep voice and saw Jared smiling at me. He was leaning against the door frame laughing. "Why are you spread out on the bed like that?"

Whew. He hadn't seen after all.

"I uh... It's a very soft bed."

"Sure," He laughed. He allowed himself in and looked around the room. "Wow, it looks amazing in here."

"Thanks," I smirked.

"You know what you need?" He smiled at me.

"If you're gonna say 'Life' I'm gonna slap you." He had played that trick on me yesterday. I was not a very happy camper.

"You need a poster right here," He patted the blank wall directly across from my bed. Hm, a poster wouldn't be a bad idea. "So I got you a present."

A present?! I loved presents! Well I knew what it was since he kind of just told me.

"Lemme see!"

He walked back out of room for a couple seconds and came back in holding a plastic tube. He handed it to me and I opened it and pulled out the poster, excited to see what it was.

...

I looked up at Jared, fighting back a laugh.

"You did not just get me a signed poster of you..."

"Hey!" Jared defended. "It's the whole band. Thought you might want something to look forward to when you woke up."

I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

He gave me a band poster of Story of a Boy. They were standing shoulder to shoulder, smiling cheesily. I saw Roth was giving a peace sign, Sylver was winking, Michael had his tongue stuck out, and Jared had his middle finger up.

"Oh gosh Jared, my mom will have a cow," I laughed. I locked eyes with him with a smile on my face. "I love the present. Thank you." I got up and walked over to the wall and pinned it up.