[2] - Monday

Beep...Beep...Beep...

The sound of annoying beeping awoke the said ravenette, his beady eyes traced the contents of his standard room until they landed on a dark rectangular object. His alarm.

Clicking on it, Ritsu let himself recollect all of his scrambled everyday thoughts before proceeding to start yet another hectic day.

The ravenette already had a morning routine, which he could describe to be organized, and ready.

But deep inside, the ravenette truly thinks his life is boring compared to his older brother, Kageyama Shigeo.

The thought of the ravenette's brother having a more exciting life than him burned his entire soul.

He wanted to be better,
he needed to be better.

What if he went to school a bit later?
Like what his brother does.

Ritsu wants to be like his brother, behind his dull dark orbs was an emotion even he couldn't read.
Shigeo was so mysterious, it was fascinating to the ravenette.

Ritsu could easily beat his brother, but the one thing he could never beat him in was....his brother's esper powers.

Ritsu was much more approachable, he was smart, athletic, and is loved by many.

So why?
Why does he feel inferior when it comes to his brother?

Maybe because he was first to encounter his brother's wrath...

...or maybe because his brother was still able to keep a calm demeanor infront of desprate situations.

The answer?
Was all of the above.

Pushing these thoughts aside, Ritsu shook his head dismissively.
The ravenette doesn't have time to think about this nonsense now, all he needed to think about is the day ahead.

Coming out of his room and putting on his social mask to hide his true self away, Ritsu went to the bathroom to fulfill his hygiene needs.

Spitting out the last trace of tap water in the ravenette's mouth, Ritsu went out of the bathroom after he had changed into his school attire.

The smell of breakfast immediately greeted him, signalling the completed chore of his mother.

"Goodmorning Ritsu."
Ritsu's mother greeted warmly, giving her son a faint bright smile that could brighten everyone's day...

...Everyone except Ritsu.

"Did you sleep well?"
Ritsu's kind mother added in, her tone as gentle as the calm spring breeze.

"Yes I did, thank you for asking."
Ritsu plainly yet softly replied.

If he were someone different, he would greet his mother with a 'goodmorning' or maybe something that could soothe her mood.

But too bad, he was Ritsu, the one who keeps a calm demeanor and would mask his inner thoughts away.

Just like Shigeo.

"I'm going."
Ritsu now coldly replied, as he turned away from his mother and yet another breakfast that has been declined.

The door swung closed before Ritsu mother could even speak.
She was worried about his health, how he skipped breakfast and eat only a little in dinner.

Of course as a mother, she also knew about Ritsu's lack of sleep and the amount of overflowing work that has been intrusted to him...

...Such as yesterday.